Homeland: New show on Showtime

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by kwadguy, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

You don't know what would happen - it's up to the writers. But it would still be a good plot development as the consequences of CIA director's actions are explored. Carry & co could then be involved in tracking down the terrorists while trying to prevent harm coming to the people on the list. There's a fair bit of scope there.

jwoverho likes this.
  2. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Not my preferred storyline for next season at all, and it seems unlikely to me. We'll see.

3. rjp

rjp Senior Member

still hard to believe 'noonan" is dead :(

ex_mixer and misterdecibel like this.
  4. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I'll never understand the need of some to be like frustrated newspaper editors by incessantly parsing the plotline nuances of obviously unrealistic fictional suspense thrillers. Either enjoy it for what it is or don't...but why the constant expecting it to be something it isn't?

Tex_Writer likes this.
  5. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

because this show is inconsistent. it has moments of absolute brilliance, and it has almost an entire season of atrociousness. the first season was so good because it really struck a chord with current american fears and paranoia and presented a seemingly plausible situation for us to ponder.

i think that's a perfectly valid reason for someone to be frustrated. just because you don't want to analyze things doesn't mean others don't.

6. marcb

marcb Senior Member

There's analyzing and there's overanalyzing. Do people care that no one ever notices that Clark Kent looks exactly like Superman but with glasses?

It's one thing to not like the show or where the plot is going, but when the complaints are that some nuance of the plotline has holes (which are often debatable or incorrectly presumptive), the complaints are more absurd than the holes.

7. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

what?

8. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

Good point. For all its faults, this is still one of the best shows on TV as far as I'm concerned. I hope it goes on for a few more seasons.

9. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Now that you mention it, Clark does look like Superman.

Seriously, I agree with your comments.

bababooey likes this.
  10. rjp

rjp Senior Member

clair danes should never ever want for work after 'homeland'. every studio should clamor for her. what chops!

11. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

That's what I thought after "My So Called Life".

rockerreds and bababooey like this.
  12. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

I think last Sunday's episode was the best of the whole series...just terriffic

13. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I'll have to check that out, thanks. I've been a fan of her charms since Stardust.

rockerreds likes this.
  14. RubenH

RubenH Forum Resident

I had serious doubts the show would still be compelling after what happened at the end of season 3, but have been very pleasantly surprised; this season is as good, if not better, than 1-3.

15. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

fantastic episode indeed but Quinn is turning into a "Jack Bauer" , saving everyone' ass on his own ( and gonna of course do a bit of torturing in next episode it seems which incidentally just clashes with current news about CIA report about use of Torture ..)

16. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I did notice some 24nization in the last episode, which I didn't like. Turns out it wasn't a fluke but likely due to Alex Gansa's greater involvement. I hope they don't go down the 24 rabbit-hole.

17. Blastproof

Blastproof Senior Member

Better than 24nication...? :whistle:

18. Another shocker. :wtf: :eek:

One episode left. And not too soon.

19. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Another good episode. Season's gonna end too soon.

20. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yup, good follow up episode. I was wondering when they would acknowledge the death of Carrie's father (as the actor playing him died before the start of the season). I felt the reveal was rather squandered. I thought it might have motivated Carrie to go a little more Rambo, but it just turned out to be an isolated scene or two of sadness.

GentleSenator likes this.
  21. Lonson

I think there's more ramifications of Carrie's father's death to come. We'll see next episode I guess.

I'm really not a 24 fan and this seasn has been veering 24's direction and may be one of the reasons I am not as fond of it as some. I hope there's a bit more of a subtle vibe the next season.

22. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I haven't been a 24 fan for many seasons, but except for the previous episode when Quinn did a Bower, I haven't seen that many similarities.

23. Lonson

Look closer perhaps. The whole season has had a relentless forward motion with one action and twist after another just like that corny 24 show. If you can't see it that's cool, but I did from the beginning of the second third of the seaoson on, alas.

24. rjp

rjp Senior Member

someone asked a while back where f. murray abraham was.

25. Lonson

I thought of that post as soon as he showed up in that car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.