Homeland: New show on Showtime

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by kwadguy, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Oh he's bad alright. I think there's other forces at play here, possibly Mossad, or even some other nefarious, but as yet unseen, influence. The Israelis have much to gain by making Iran look bad.

2. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i believe the big showdown between carrie, quinn and dar is coming soon. and i just don;t think dar will win that one.

3. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

They've got four more episodes, surely they'll stretch it out for the duration of the season.

4. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Ep 9 "sock puppets" was easily the best episode this season. It just worked on so many levels. The fact that it was able to tie in this season's developments with events that happened long ago in previous seasons, was extremely well done, resulting in real consequences, especially for Saul.

...Mild Spoiler..

I loved the exchange between Carrie and Saul after she tells him the only way to get Dar is by revealing his coverup, last season, of the affair between Saul and Allison, a Russian agent (which also means curtains for Saul's career):

Carrie to Saul: Maybe you shouldn't have been f****** a Russian whore!
    Saul: Well, coming from someone what f***** a guy in a suicide vest, that means a lot!

Got to be the lines of the season! :D

Ted Bell, blind_melon1, marcb and 7 others like this.
  5. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

I'm gutted about Astrid.

blind_melon1 likes this.
  6. Splungeworthy

Spoilers ahoy!

Lots of Brody last episode, in Carrie's opening dialogue to the shrink and in her exchange with Saul. Can't get away from him it seems. For a split second I thought the President-Elect was not going to buy Saul and Carrie's story, even with the video. And what was up with Dar after his meeting? Did he know he'd been made? That guy is sinister. Always like to see Max incorporated into the story more, and now he's neck deep in it. It was way too easy for Quinn to steal the guns.

7. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

Looks like the beginning of the end for Dar. Yes I thought this last episode was the best of the season

8. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

He put the envelope with the list back in his pocket then binned it when he got home. He knew something was up. As if he didn't know Carrie and Saul had met with the President Elect. He's got a finger in every pie and a pie in every finger.

9. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

I am enjoying this season mo
    I thought it was the Pres Elect that overplayed it. She was entirely too gracious to Dar at that meeting. He's trained to be suspicious, and to read people.

artfromtex and Mylene like this.
  10. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Dar messed up at the end calling the guy with the hat on a landline.

11. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Wasn't it the guy with the hat who called Dar on the landline?

12. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Dar and the Mossad all of a sudden became incompetent this episode. So when they come to get Majid (sp?) they don't even bother to check and see if he has a cell phone? And so don't notice he made a call live broadcasting his apprehension? A call to Carrie Bradshaw? That didn't seem believable.

13. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

Probably because they were just "ripping off" the Israeli series "Prisoners of War" Prisoners of War (TV series) - Wikipedia in the first seasons and when left to their own devices, the usual "Hollywood-make-believe-crap" takes over.

14. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist

Yes, why would he call a character from Sex & the City?

sorry, couldn't resist:p

mrjinks likes this.
  15. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Wasn't it a cell phone, not a landline?

Mylene likes this.
  16. agentalbert

Ha! Sorry. In my defense, I'm medicated right now.

mrjinks likes this.
  17. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

Maybe next episode will be a cross over with Carrie hooking up with the gang from Sex & the City due to a mix up with the similar names and she spends the weekend drinking, trying on shoes and having sex.

Chad

Ted Bell likes this.
  18. Splungeworthy

Saul could play "Big".

ChadHahn likes this.
  19. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Yes that was it, an unsecure cell phone.

20. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

Great episode. I'm thinking Dar called the guy on purpose. Dar doesn't want to kill Quinn because of his "love" for him and knows Quinn is smart enough to find who he's after anyways. Couple that with knowing he lost his attempt at Keane and he knows he needs Quinn to kill the man with the hat.

This season is turning out to be one of the best. The business O'Keefe is running is extremely interesting.

21. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

If Dar called from a land line, even though Quinn set him up to do so, does make it seem like he took an extra dose of stupid pills. Even the agent he called hung up immediately, knowing the possibility of a trace, basic spy stuff. Good or bad, Dar was always the consumate spook. Hard to believe he'd make such a rookie mistake, no matter how rattled he was.

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  22. agentalbert

Right. That and allowing Majid to make a call to Carrie when the Mossad game to get him and leaving the phone to be found seemed like the writers just made him suddenly stupid for convenience.

23. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Best episod this season. Did Saul ever look happy at the end.

24. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Another good episode (I wish there were more of them earlier on in the season). If Dar manages to somehow weasel his way out of this or not end up in prison or dead, I will throw a shoe at the screen!

Luxury_Liner likes this.
  25. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Two weeks in a row in which the show ended before I was ready! The conundrums that they have set up, are realistic for a change. I also think the portrayal of the President-elect is realistic as well. I have all this power potentially available, but have no idea how to wield it.

jeffgt14 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.