House - anyone watching the reruns?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jwb1231970, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy Thread Starter

Great show. A fun spinoff would have been the adventures of Chase and Foreman sharing an apartment- those two are my favorite characters...and there needed to be more of Wilson!

2. royzak2000

royzak2000 Senior Member

All pointless without House.

3. Loved the show but the more outrageous his behavior became the more the show became unbelievable.

4. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Snagged the European complete series Blu-ray set on this one, and have been meaning to go back and start it over again. Eight seasons and around 160 episodes means not every single episode was an A+, but it was a great show owing almost entirely to Hugh Laurie. The rest of the cast was mostly quite good as well.

5. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

To answer the OPs question - yes I'll always watch a rerun if I happen to catch it. But it seems like the schedule of when it is on is unpredictable.

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Region free ? Not lazy, I'm looking over at Blu-ray.com for an answer as well.

Edit : YES !!!!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  7. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Yep, region free. They started releasing the show on BD in the US starting with Season 5, but never went back and did the other seasons on BD. The European set I got is nice. The individual season cases are a little weird, but it was a great value and the early seasons look pretty good in HD.

8. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

The best thing about "House" was the theme song. "Teardrop" by Massive Attack is an awesome song (and it was edited well for the credits). The show itself was the pits.

rburly likes this.
  9. Myke

After an extensive search, I've gone with Amazon UK, for $59.61 USD. $1.53 per disk. Thank you @balzac ! My son and I both love this series, in fact it was he who turned me onto it years ago. This box will get double use, as he watches alone in his room.

10. Myke

09/27/2009 : The only time I've sought out a CD single in my life !

MikaelaArsenault and GodShifter like this.
  11. vinyl_puppy

vinyl_puppy Der Weaselschnitzel

Definitely watching the reruns on USA network's Tuesday marathons.

12. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Agree with you about the theme song. But strongly disagree with your last sentence.

MikaelaArsenault and Myke like this.
  13. Myke

59 minutes later, it has shipped. Oh come on, this is what we do here. :winkgrin:

14. jwb1231970

Chase, Foreman, Cameron or 13, taub, kutner

Your preferred team?

15. Rodney Toady

Rodney Toady Waste of cyberspace

No. After a promising start House quickly turned into one of those shows whose each new episode gave me a terrible feeling of déjà-vu.

16. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

But that was the formula for the show. Someone has some bizarre disease that through different means, House comes up with the disease. And variations on the theme. I looked forward to it every week, and it rarely, if ever, disappointed.

RDriftwood and MoonPool like this.
  17. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

We own the series, and the last time my wife and I tried to watch it we had to give it up at about season five or so- as my wife put it, "I used to think House was hilarious, now he's just an a--hole." I can still handle watching my favourite episodes, but having watched the entire series two or three times now, I tend to agree with my missus, in regard to House's a--holery. Still, Hugh Laurie did such a good job playing that role.

kevywevy likes this.
  18. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I should note that, while I honestly can't even remember for sure, I *think* the European BD sets for "House" use a different theme song for the opening credits (maybe the music used for the US end credits?). I think the Netflix versions are the same. For some reason, I think only original US airings and US home video releases use that Massive Attack song.

The reason I'm fuzzy on this is that the last time I re-watched the entire series, I watched the first five seasons on Netflix (because it was the only way to see them in HD) and then switched to the BD sets starting with Season 6, and then only *after* that did I purchase the European BD boxed set which I haven't watched much since.

19. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I gave up on the show when House went into rehab. I have since seen all the reruns. I really like the last team with Adams and Park and the absence of Cuddy. I wish that group had a second season before the ending focused on Wilson dying.

20. jwb1231970

I kind of lost interest during that last season with the new staff, forgot about them. The Cuddy character was increasingly ridiculous so I'm glad she left. Wish they would have kept Cameron and Chase in bigger roles to the end. It is strange in that most shows will just get rid of those characters but the lingered on for some reason, did the creators not think they were adding anything and needed fresh blood?

21. jwb1231970

He was supposed to be an ahole though, I think there are other characters though that should have been tweaked like Cuddy, no admin is going to be such a pushover, I don't understand Taub who was a plastic surgeon all of sudden is qualified to be part of the team. 13 should have gone by her real name at some point, kind of weird calling her 13 all the time.

22. RDriftwood

RDriftwood Vintage Member

[​IMG]

MoonPool and Myke like this.
  23. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

24. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I was surprised and impressed one time House was doing rounds and diagnosed "diabetes insipidus" which I have that very few understand and has nothing to do with sugar diabetes.

25. Silken

Silken Forum Resident

I loved the show, I was almost obsessed with it, but I don't feel like rewatching it.

In this site there was also a game, in which you had to name ten diseases at the beginning of the season and then every week you got points if one of your guesses was mentioned on the show, if the patient was treated for it, if it was the final answer, etc.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.