How Aerosmith's "Head First" became the first song available for digital download

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Mar 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

I came across this article from a few years ago about how Aerosmith was the first major label band to offer a song ("Head First" from the "Get A Grip" sessions) available for digital download back in 1994 (!) and thought it was pretty interesting. :)

GO AEROSMITH: How "Head First" Became the First Digitally Downloadable Song 20 Years Ago Today - Noisey

Imagine waiting 60 to 90 minutes to download one song! It's not a bad song, either- it probably should have been put on the album and promoted as one of the later singles from it.

bartels76 and 905 like this.
  2. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

The album definitely didn't need any more singles and this track wasn't better than any of them. IMO, it's not even the best b-side from this album.

3. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I think its better than at least 1/3 and maybe 1/2 of the actual GAG album. Head First. Don't Stop and Can't Stop Messin (which was left of the US version) all would have improved the album in place of tracks that did make it

Jimmy Agates and TheLoveDrags like this.
  4. George C.

George C. Forum Resident

I remember waiting 60-90 minutes to download a song in the early days of Napster. Just start downloading, then get away from the computer to do other things in the meantime. It was the only way to find certain extremely rare songs. Now, if I had waited 60-90 minutes to download a 3rd rate song like "Head First" then I would have been very disappointed!

5. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

There's always one isn't there...

SickAgain likes this.
  6. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Thanks for posting that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.