How Do I Burn Individual Wav/Flac Files Using EAC?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by FritzL, Jul 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FritzL

FritzL Adrift & Dumbfounded Thread Starter

I want to make compilation CDs from various tracks I have in wav and flac formats but can't figure out how do it in EAC.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. MrRom92

MrRom92 Forum Supermodel

You can make your own compilations a lot easier with other programs than by using EAC. Use EAC as a burning program if you want to write a copy of a disc that's 100% identical to the original disc the files were ripped from.

shaboo likes this.
  3. FritzL

From reading this forum and watching EAC videos I thought that might be the case but I figured I might be missing something. Thx.

MrRom92 likes this.
  4. MrRom92

MrRom92 Forum Supermodel

I know the EAC Burning utility is absolutely archaic but it's actually the best/only available tool for that intended purpose. The only one I know of anyway. Absolute pain to use for anything else though, sadly.

If you're looking for burning software and want something user friendly but still flexible enough for the power user, try Nero. I think windows 10 may even be able to burn an audio CD from different flac/wav files by itself without the need for another program. Whatever you choose... it'll definitely be less of a hassle than EAC for your particular use case.

5. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Actually, EAC is not the best burning software. It's perhaps the best at ripping problematic CDs, but you can find better programs for burning CD-Rs. But, since virtually all programs will burn a good CD-R, why not just look for one that is intuitive (easy to use)? Just make sure that you choose one that allows you to not burn a 2-second gap between tracks if you want a continuous sound.

6. MrRom92

MrRom92 Forum Supermodel

Do you know of any other programs which compensate for write offsets?

7. Grant

As far as I know, offset adjustment deals with the ripping process, not writing.

8. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

JayNYC and eeglug like this.
  9. RiCat

RiCat Forum Resident

You might check out Foobar 2000. As I recall it uses Accurip the same as EAC and is easy selecting single file(s) or complete folders. You can burn gap less, cross fade or whatever. There are tons of plugins use as well. There are a number of threads here on Foobar. Ya it is freeware also. (Foobar2000:Ripping CDs with Foobar2000 - Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase )

10. MrRom92

MrRom92 Forum Supermodel

No, write offset needs to be compensated for as well - which is why EAC is to my knowledge the only (and thus best) program for writing an audio CD that is 100% identical to the original the files were ripped from.

For burning any other audio CD such as a user-made compilation then yeah I agree, pretty much any other program would be a better choice

11. shaboo

shaboo Forum Resident

No. Read offset is important when ripping a disc. Write offset is important when burning a disc.

Offset Questions » Exact Audio Copy

That said, the write offset is only important when creating an identical copy of some disc. If you're only burning individual tracks, it doesn't matter.

MrRom92 likes this.
  12. Grant

The interface of EAC is terrible, and not conducive to burning CD-Rs.

Ham Sandwich and MrRom92 like this.
  13. MrRom92

MrRom92 Forum Supermodel

I completely agree with you. The only thing it is good for is burning an audio CD from a pre-existing .cue sheet, and it's not even very user friendly for that. But like I said, it's the only program I know of that will fulfill that specific task correctly.

shaboo likes this.
  14. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

I haven't burnt a CD in years.

There may be an answer to your question here (I can't access the web page at the moment, so I can't say for sure)
    FAQ » Exact Audio Copy

15. FritzL

Thx everyone. Will try one of the many suggestions.

16. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

I use Burrrn. Foolproof.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.