How do I find/view an old 1970s educational filmstrip?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by chargrove, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chargrove

chargrove Forum Resident Thread Starter

I am nostalgically looking for an old McGraw Hill filmstrip from the early 70s called "What Do You Do About Rules?" Anyone know about a resource that digitizes these or something? It's not like I have a filmstrip projector hanging around the house LOL.

2. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Several years ago some company put out a dvd box set of old educational films called "Educational Archives," but I have no idea whether this specific title was included.

3. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

stereoptic likes this.
  4. Burt

Burt Forum Resident

Most any good film scanner will allow you to scan filmstrips which are nothing more than good old 35mm film.

5. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Love Is Understanding

If you have an older school in your area, you may want to inquire about old equipment/materials that they may have lying around. It helps if you have a child or relative attending the school. If you know anyone in the education field, you may want to hit them up. Some of this stuff is still floating around. A few years ago, my old elementary school had a sale & I picked up lots of momentos (got my projector there). Churches are also a good source for projectors & such. I used to see lots of filmstrips for sale on Ebay but couldn't say if that kind of stuff is common there now. Good luck!

6. Destroyer

Destroyer Forum Resident

I don't know about Fort Worth, but here in the SF Bay Area there are a lot of places who do this kind of thing. Do a google search for 8mm conversion to DVD or VHS conversion to DVD (out here I find that if a place does one type of conversion, they do several) - I would be very surprised if you weren't able to find a conversion house not far from you.

7. showtaper

showtaper Concert Hoarding Bastard

I don't believe he has the film OR a projector.........

8. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

9. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

10. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I spent another hour looking around and couldn't locate a copy. Sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.