How do you all handle no price listed sellers?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Deaf_in_ LA_1974, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deaf_in_ LA_1974

Deaf_in_ LA_1974 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have on several occasions run into this, most noteably at Bills in Dallas. No prices and the dude eyeballs it, I get the feeling the price varies by your brand of shoes.

I hate it and sometimes just give up and leave, your thoughts?

2. Paully

Paully De gustibus non est disputandum

Don't go in in the first place.

I hate that kind of pressure situation, especially when it is completely unnecessary. I would just shop elsewhere.

3. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

There was a shop here that use to do that. I don't know if they still so. I've never been back. I don't know if they still exist. I guess I did nothing to handle it.

4. AaronW

AaronW Senior Member

Simply don't go. I've never been pleasantly surprised by the price given once they come up with one.

eddiel likes this.
  5. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Yeah me neither. I avoid those type of vendors.

However, I will make an exception if they let me go through new stuff they haven't a had a chance to price up yet.

6. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I don't. I am not going to pick out what I want just so they know what's valuable.

7. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

Ah, Bill's. I've known that place since the early 80s. His original location was a bike ride from my house when I was in middle school. Come for the prices made up on the spot, stay for smell of stale cigarette smoke :laugh:

8. Deaf_in_ LA_1974

Deaf_in_ LA_1974 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I don't remember the smoke,

I do remember some godawful tales about how he handled shoplifters, call or police or something muchmuch worse were the supposed choices

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.