How do you save a web page as a single graphic?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by audiodrome, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member Thread Starter

There is a webpage graphic that I need to save as a single file to do some Photoshop work and I can't figure out the best way to do it. The picture is made up of different components and that's where I get lost. The properties says that it is an MHTML document.

The Astrology album (with the Columbia label) is the actual graphic I need (you might need to click on the Gary Usher link on the right side next to the Chad & Jeremy album):

The Firesign Theatre Digital Magazine

I can save the individual components as pictures, but it will only let me save the composite graphic as a background or wallpaper.

When I try to "Select All" and copy, it won't allow me the option to paste it anyhere.

When I try to do a "Save As" I get:

Web Archive Complete (.htm, .html)
    Web Archive Single File (.mhtml)
    Web Archive HTML Only (.htm, .html)
    Text File (.txt)

... and none of these work either. The graphic comes up fine but there's no way to import it as a single file into Photoshop. The "screen shot" option is no good because the resolution is not very good.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Claviusb

Claviusb A Serious Man

Paul, as you've noted, a screenshot does not yield a very good image (see mine below), but that is the best you're going to get from that source. You cannot add resolution where there is none to be found. I looked at *just* the label image and it's a very low-res GIF file. Blown up even slightly it looks terrible. My 2ยข.

3. Claviusb

Claviusb A Serious Man

Oops. Here is the screen cap.

4. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks Robert :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.