How many easter eggs are in The Kids Are Alright?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Beatlelennon65, Dec 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member Thread Starter

I bought The Who TKAA the other day and it is much better than I thought it would be. I have read about two easter eggs. Are there any others? This is one of the greatest music DVDs ever, and I am not even a Who fan. At least I wasnt until this dvd came out!

2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I assume by "Easter eggs" you mean the radio ad with Ringo and the 5.1 remix of "Who Are You". Those aren't really Easter eggs, since they're intended to offer rewards for completing the quizzes.

Anyway, I think that's it, though there is an egg on DVD One that lets you repeat the FBI warning at the start of the disc...

3. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Wow great I will have to try that one out;)

4. ashleyfan

ashleyfan New Member

During the second chorus of the 5.1 re-mix of "Who Are You?", as the band sings "Who, who...who, who!" the word "Left" and a left-pointing arrow pop up to each repetition of the word "who". (It is the section where all the pictures are flashing on the screen, in a seemingly random order, but it is there, you just have to look for it). I couldn't get my remote to work to access that egg, if indeed there is one. They also missed an opportunity for a couple of other special features: the performance of "I Can See For Miles" from the Smothers Brothers Show, the "Call Me Lightning" video with its soundtrack restored (it plays to "Cobwebs and Strange" in the film), and any perfomances of "Dogs" or "Squeeze Box" (I think almost every other single they did during Keith's time with the group is represented in the movie to one extent or another).

5. Ere

Ere Senior Member

Hmmm, I recall hearing about another one also... but I can't remember it now. I'll check around.

TKAA:
    To hear the Ringo promo of TKAA -- highlight the menu item for the triva
    game "pure and easy". Then hit your left arrow key 6 times.

To hear the 5.1 remix of Who Are You -- highlight the menu item for the
    trivia game "its hard". Then hit your left arrrow key 6 times.

To replay the FBI logo intro: highlight the words "the Who" on the main
    menu -- press enter.

6. reechie

reechie Senior Member

It would've been nice, but there probably wasn't the budget to lease the extra clips, and/or go looking for them. They were pretty much limited to what they had available, ie, the original film, and anything that was filmed or recorded specifically for the film. They didn't even have any of the original elements, all they could do was make the existing film prints look better (which they did brilliantly, IMHO).

There was a rehearsal clip of "I Saw Her Standing There", filmed at the same time as the "Barbara Ann" segment, that couldn't be included because of song rights issues. That's pretty much all the could've been added that wasn't on the DVD.

7. Barry Wom

Barry Wom New Member

I may be feeling a bit dim this monday but what do you mean by Easter
    Eggs?

Tim

8. Ere

Ere Senior Member

Extra features that the producers of the DVD 'hide' and that can be accessed only by clicking discrete sequences of commands, which themselves are not readily apparent.

9. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Here's one of several web sites that list most of the various DVD "Easter Eggs", and gives you an idea of what they are, and how to find them.

http://www.dvdeastereggs.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.