How Many Rolling $tones CDs...?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by musicfan37, Aug 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syogusr

syogusr New Member

The Singles Collection
    Let It Bleed
    Beggars Banquet

That is it!!

By the way, DDCD has the singles albums of the Stones for, I believe, $13.29, Shipped!!

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

3. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member Thread Starter

I've pre-ordered

Out of our heads (UK)
    Aftermath (UK)
    Between the Buttons (UK)
    Metamorphasis

I'll go from there.

4. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam

I'll pick up both Hot Rocks, Out of our Heads (U.K.), Between the Buttons (U.K.), 12X5 & Beggars!!

5. GregY

GregY New Member

Amazon has free Super Saver shipping over $49.

Plus you can use these coupons:
    $5 off $35
    CHNKBKAMZNLT
    MAPPSUMMER35
    MAPSERVERS35
    MAPDCARD3Q35
    MAPFLEETSH35
    $10 off $100
    MAPBABYTALK2

Note: The first coupon code expires on 8/31 - the rest expire in September. The above coupons are considered promotional coupons and cannot be stacked with OTHER promotional coupons.

A promotional coupon CAN be used along with "share the love" and "free shipping above $49".

Most coupons (and free shipping) trigger against the "original" total. So if you get $35 somehow, even if discounts (like STL) make it less, you can usually apply a $5 coupon. Similarly, if you get $49 somehow, even if you get a gold box discount, you can usually apply free shipping.
    Your best bet? Give the coupon a try if you think you are close.

One PROMOTIONAL coupon can be used along with one or more regular gift certificate codes.

Here's a link to Amazon's Rolling Stones section.

6. GregY

GregY New Member

7. kipper15

kipper15 Forum Resident

Beggar's Banquet
    Let It Bleed
    Get Yer Ya Ya's Out
    Hot Rocks
    More Hot Rocks
    Singles Collection

Still haven't got a definitive release date for the UK versions. Anybody know?

8. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

Best Prices (final cost?)

Here's a source for the new Stones CDs which (I think) may have the lowest delivered price ($12.97 indvidual, $28.04 doubles, $42.08 triples, NO shipping/tax charges) ...

http://www.deepdiscountcd.com/

:goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :wave: :righton:

:cheers:,

Cat

9. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

They are even cheaper at Best Buy. $12.99 for the singles, $24.99 for the doubles, and $39.99 for the singles box. Free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/stones/

10. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

So, what you're saying is that the doubles and triples are cheaper at Best Buy, right? No offense, but it looks to me like the individuals are still cheaper at Deep Discount CD!

Just my 2 cents worth! :winkgrin:

Cat

11. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Ahh, yes, you are correct.

12. Alan G

Alan G More A Lurker Than A Poster

What were the titles you need to buy in order to get the most songs with the least duplication? I think Luke once posted a list.

Alan

13. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

I think the original UK versions of all of the '60s albums up through 'Between the Buttons' are must-owns. After that, of course you need 'Beggar's...' and 'Let it Bleed.' To get all of the singles, though you still have to get the 'Singles' box. Once all of these have been purchased, everything else is pure gravy.

14. aceman400

aceman400 Power to the Metal

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=899425672

Did anyone see this clown? Apologies if it is a fellow member. He was high bidder on the sampler for $556
    Krikey, you could have bought all 22 and a player for that.
    Unbeleiveable,
    OK Back on topic, Probably Between the Buttons and Aftermath
    Thanks,
    Aaron

15. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Probably all except the "live" & "greatest hits" collections....
    Except "Singles"....I will buy that!

16. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

As for what you need to buy, etc... If you want *everything*, you'll *need* the US issue of Out Of Our Heads, as one or two songs on there are on no other CD.

17. GoldenBoy

GoldenBoy Purple People Eater

I guess the point would be that the sampler could become a very valuable collectable. I dunno. :confused:

18. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Yeah, but it won't be THAT collectable! Very few things are worth that amount of money, and a collection of umpteen-times-released songs won't do it. Once the SACDs hit the streets, this thing'll be worth relatively little - I'd guess $20-$30. I'd like to know if the big-bucks bidder actually paid for the thing or if it was a gag bid...

19. GoldenBoy

I see your point and mostly agree, but just the fact that it is a rare compilation which was not in fact released to the general public may very well make it a somewhat pricey collectable. Stranger things have happened. Just look at the prices of some of those out of print DCC and MoFi gold discs, and those WERE released to the general public in much larger quantities. :)

20. joachim.ritter

joachim.ritter Senior Member

Hey, let me know where I can find one for US$ 30, I guess I would buy a dozen of them for that price, even when the SACDs are in the shops. ;)

Joachim

21. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

If you want a Stones sampler, befriend a member of the press. ABKCO will send out a copy to pretty much anyone in the press, as far as I can tell. You just have to *ask*. That's how my friend and I both got copies (not from the same paper, though).

22. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

My price range was just an estimate, of course, but I based it on years of experience with this kind of thing. For promos to maintain value, they need to offer something unique, and the sampler doesn't. Yeah, it's the only place you can get all of those songs on the same CD, but there's no unique content. People are eager to hear it because they want to know how the remasters sound. Once the remasters are on the street, there goes the need to hear the sampler.

As the owner of one of the samplers, I damned sure hope they DO remain very valuable. However, as a long-time collector, I'll be shocked it that happens.

Yes, but those have a perceived quality that makes them different from standard issues. There'll be bajillions of copies of the remastered Stones albums, so who needs the sampler once those are on the street? The question is what purpose the CD in question serves. There are obviously a lot of people who perceive an important audio quality reason to own the DCC and MoFi discs, but in another six days, there'll be NO reason to own the sampler other than as a pure collectable.

If it included a song - or even a mix - unavailable elsewhere, then it'd maintain some value. (And who knows - maybe one of the mixes WILL differ from the retail versions - I jave no reason to believe that, but stranger things have happened.) Otherwise, I don't see this as any different from a million other samplers that include material available elsewhere. A certain group of collectors will want it because they want EVERYTHING, but for the larger class of collector, it loses usefulness.

I was damned excited to get it in the mail a few weeks back, but six days from now, I won't care much about it. Oh, it's a very nice collection, and I'll probably listen to it occasionally, but I'll have all the material elsewhere, so who cares?

23. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I don't have the sampler (I could've scored one but I'm a little low on energy lately) but I think a nice benefit to owning it is the SACD layer. Yes, you can "create" a sampler clone from the releases in red book but having that little collection in SACD quality seems to be a nice benefit. Also, I think the press package is a nice keepsake....

Todd

24. GoldenBoy

Oatsdad,

The problem I have with your assessment is that you fail to recognize that the Stones sampler, apart from being the only place for now to get those remastered Stones songs on one disc, was issued in VERY limited quantities, relative to the general releases. The statement that DCC's and MoFi's will maintain or increase in value because of the perceived value in sound quality may be true, but those were also released in much higher quantities than the Stones sampler, and were available to anyone who wanted them. The sampler was and is not and is also supposedly of a high overall sound quality. It's all about supply and demand. Not necessarily an argument of perceived quality by audiophiles. The mere fact that someone was and is willing to pay over $500 for it, knowing full well that the SACD's will be released to the masses, is very telling IMO.

25. GoldenBoy

I agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.