How many times have you listened to the same song in a row? (records)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by draden1, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

Damn dude, I imagine that at some point during that Vile marathon you felt that you were brushing some stranger's teeth - except that they were your teeth.

:righton:

2. BurtThomasWard

BurtThomasWard Guided by Loke In Memoriam

Sadly, I wasn't one of them :shake:

3. Ironclaw

Ironclaw Forum Resident

Vile has that joy in repetition thing going anyways,- which is near to godliness in a way.

4. draden1

draden1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

“I Shall Sing” 5 times in a row today off of the alternative Moondance album by Van Morrison....thanks Record Store Day!

5. jeffd7030

jeffd7030 I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.

I tend to do this often. Too many songs and too many repeats to count or recall.

6. Mike Reynolds

Mike Reynolds Forum Resident

The only two songs I would listen to three or four times in a row on record was Lou Reed's live version of "Sweet Jane" and Aerosmith's "Train Kept A Rollin'/Seasons Of Wither".

I've listened to a few songs on cd for up to an hour. Like this one:

Perhaps Neal Schon's best guitarwork, and Greg Rollie's best vocals.

7. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah is the song that comes to mind in the last ten years as I usually don't repeat a song by itself unless I am playing the whole album that it came from repeatedly. I must have played it at least five or six times in a row upon my first exposure to it.

I think my very first exposure to Hallelujah was a cover on American Idol by some contestant and I knew I had to check out the version by Buckley, which seems to be the definitive version of this masterpiece. Well, the song just drove me nuts in a good way. I could not get enough of his wide ranging and evocative voice, his delicate and amazing guitar work or trying to figure out the meaning of Leonard Cohen's remarkable lyrics. I see why some critics call it one of the greatest songs ever written and I agree completely.

That first time I just played it over and over again and than told my brother that he had to hear this song and this great singer and his amazingly beautiful guitar playing. He too was stunned by the sheer beauty of this majestic song. It is definitely one of my "Island" picks, if I was so stuck on one with a limited playlist to have at my disposal.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  8. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Wye Oak's "It Was Not Natural".

Had to shelve it after four or five plays in a row, just to avoid overplay.

9. Eleventh Earl of Mar

Eleventh Earl of Mar Somehow got them all this far.

Probably something by Linkin Park when I was in middle school.

Though, I checked last fm and apparently I listened to Klaus Schulze - Timewind three times in a row in the span of 5 hours, which is two 30 minute songs, when I was 18.

Still love that album.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.