How many vinyl LPs in your music collection?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Fred68, Apr 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here you can check my music collection's statistics:

www.myrecordlist.com/alvabass/stats

Interestingly (to me, at least), exactly half of my music collection is made up of vinyl records as of today.

2. 179 cataloged at discogs, but at least 100 more thanks to that RSD grab bag box. Most of them are vinyl duplicates of my digital collection, which is around 1500 albums. Strictly vinyl, no digital is probably no more than 30.

3. afriqueart

afriqueart Forum Resident

I sold a boatload of vinyl years ago. I only kept my colored vinyl, autographed stuff, audiophile (quiex, MFSL, Etc.), promotional stuff and original, rare albums (Vee Jay, Coral, Sun, etc.). I only have about 500 in my collection.

4. John Tefteller or Joel Whitburn? :laugh:

5. Linto

Linto Mayor of Simpleton

I don't really understand- - compared to what Shellac?

Its like asking how many paper books, or rubber tyres you have.

6. Ash76

Ash76 Wait actually yeah no

I'm guessing over 100, possibly heading towards 200 which may be small change around here but considering I only started collecting in August last year when I started with about a dozen I had acquired over the years I don't think doing too badly....my bank balance on the other hand...

7. I'm on the cusp so I voted conservative with 2,001-3,000.

8. Fred68

Fred68 Loves Music Thread Starter

I meant vinyl (LPs not 45s).

9. A lot more since I started reading this forum!!

10. sathvyre

sathvyre formerly known as ABBAmaniac

Enough... ;)

11. moonshiner

moonshiner Forum Resident

About 1300

12. Led9

Led9 Forum Resident

About 3,000 for me.

13. Pablo Bernal

Pablo Bernal Forum Resident

I have 2 years collecting and 400 records and reading in this forums have made me more accurate in my choices.

14. VinylRob

VinylRob Forum Resident

About several times the average I'm afraid, all collected in onesies and twosies, and still counting...
    Never swooped in on a dead collectors widow.
    There's a few safety copies in there, but few and even less dollar bin fillers.

15. dnuggett

dnuggett Forum Resident

16. Giorgio

Giorgio Forum Resident

372, all LPs

lightbulb likes this.
  17. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

I have not counted but I had one in the spring of this year now I have anywhere from 150-200

18. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

I'm guessing 3,000 you be the judge. This 95% of it out of boxes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mylene, zebop, Clanceman and 2 others like this.
  19. Martinev2

Martinev2 Forum Resident

I have around 300 but i just started last september.

I think about 180 records are the ones im listening to at this point. Some others were bought because they were cheap and looked interesting or nice to listen to once in a while. About 30 of those i really really listen to on a regular basis and i love those.

Already im culling and giving stuff away as theres no point hanging onto stuff that i dont listen to and i know other people who do Enjoy them. I also have a maximum in mind. That would be around 800. Simply because i have two ikea cabinets for them and when they are full thats it. No more spacea and i doubt i would actually listen to all of them. Dont wanna collect for the sake of collecting.

I almost have all bowie, queen and kate bush lps. Not a completist beyond those artists really. Perhaps dolly parton but she has so many albums... i think my sixteen lps of her are quite enough unless they come cheap. I do love bargains :)

20. Sean

Sean Senior Member

1000 in my collection.

21. MONOLOVER

MONOLOVER Forum Resident

At the moment somewhere around 1500. Got limited space at home and don't want the vinyl to take over the appartment. When space is filled and I find new stuff something else have to go. Had a lot more twenty ago but we moved a lot back then and I got tired of endless running in stairs carrying records I didn't listen to anyway. Now it's all about keeping the gems, updating what I can and looking for a few still missing.

Martinev2 likes this.
  22. troyvod

troyvod Forum Resident

i think i have around 1300/1400. a 4x4 and a 2x2 ikea expedit full and another crate or 2. Gonna purge a couple of hundred i never listen to in the next few months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.