How to beat lint

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Positively Vinyl, Jun 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Positively Vinyl

Positively Vinyl Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have posted before but i still face the same issue. I tried microfiber and the Spin Clean cloths and every time after I'm done cleaning i see lint on the records. Can you guys tell me how can i get rid of the lint after I clean the records?

2. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

Lint-free microfiber (the kind that appears smooth and is suitable for cleaning glasses, not the fuzzy-looking kind), and don’t launder, just rinse with distilled water and hang them to dry.

Or, what I ultimately did was get a vacuum system to dry, which led to just ditching the Spin Clean the past few times I have cleaned records.

Positively Vinyl likes this.
  3. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

I agree the lint is from your microfiber cloth. Buy better ones. I would actually do research into this for affordability and claim of being lint free. I would suggest starting with auto detailing forums.

4. Positively Vinyl

Positively Vinyl Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Is there anyone here who can recommend me a good microfiber cloth?

5. IFP

IFP Forum Resident

6. bluesaddict

bluesaddict High Tech Welder

After US cleaning and final rinse in my Spin Clean I dry with Spin Clean cloth, but before playing I use Mobile Fidelity: Record Cleaning Brush to get rid of anything that might be left on the record. Works really well for me. :righton:

7. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

Distilled water does not remove the oils from your skin, which come from contact and from fingerprints on LPs.

The FRiNgE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.