I am happy with the Led Zeppelin reissues. The anti complaints thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Kingof punk1977, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingof punk1977

Kingof punk1977 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have been lookIng forward to the Led Zeppelin reissues for the last 18 months

I was fed up with my 2nd hand ropey vinyl copies of 1 , 2 & 3 (long story but I had to sell my previous good copies in hard times 10 years ago.). Prior to Monday June 2nd prices of buying 1 , 2 & 3 on LP were ridiculous . I also felt people going on about their extortionate Classic Records 200g were being a bit smug.

I always felt the Marino cd remasters were ok & the Diaments were pleasant but honestly are Led Zep meant to sound pleasant?

I am happy with the companion discs and although the box sets were tempting I thought they were a bit expensive. What I was pleased about was you could still get the extra music without buying the box sets .

To my ears the Zeppelin reissues sound great. Very true they are not Audiophile recordings but who cares about that? They sound clear & let's enjoy the music. Thank you.

2. Rodney Toady

Rodney Toady Waste of cyberspace

We should try these anti-complaints threads more often.

3. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I hope this thread stays in the non-complaining mode. There is hope!

I've been enjoying the hi-res files since last weekend. I've been listening to them every night when I get home. At first there were times when it seemed like I was hearing the music for the first time again, and that's saying a lot. I'm loving the newly remastered versions of the albums.

JeffMo, AJK74, PennyLanes and 5 others like this.
  4. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Yeah, threads like these should be up more often, but in a forum like this with so much nitpicking and hate, they won't last long.

5. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

What board do you think you're on, mister? ;)
    Amen. It's good to be hearing some positive feedback about the new reissues. I've honestly avoided a lot of the discussions up until this point because I just wanted to wait for the actual products to arrive and let the dust settle a bit. I'm looking forward to snagging LZIII, which is apparently the pick of the litter, and then the subsequent releases, assuming I like what I hear.

6. Baba Oh Really

Baba Oh Really Certified "Forum Favorite"

I picked up all 3 deluxe editions at Wally World when I was shopping with my family (I don't have a lot of time to keep up on things, so I didn't even realize they were out yet until I saw them).

So far, due to time constraints, I've only listened to II. The main disc, to my ears, sound absolutely phenomenal.

The "bonus disc" is half good or ok and half junk, IMO, for the most part. Blah! I think the bonus disc for LZ1 is gonna be great. Live, yes, but at least they won't be half-finished songs and backing tracks. I already know I'll like the bonus disc for LZ1, and LZ3 bonus looks more promising than II - and I most certainly hope we're in for better bonus discs as time goes on.

7. sathvyre

sathvyre formerly known as ABBAmaniac

Sometimes some postings make it hard to enjoy the music without thinking about an expensive upgrade of some albums...

Jarleboy likes this.
  8. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Did you get the CD or vinyl reissues?

9. utahusker

utahusker Senior Member

I love my LZ I!

PennyLanes, rburly and bferr1 like this.
  10. Sandinista

Sandinista Forum Resident

I have the 3 DE's and am very happy with them - haven't spent toooooooooo much time listening as I just got them tues but have heard most of them at least once and they sound like a significant improvment over the Marinos to my ears. Haven't gotten to any of the extras yet.

11. Hokeyboy

Hokeyboy Nudnik of Dinobots

I've been really enjoying the reissues quite a bit. I don't know why people get off on hair-splitting complaints but then again this IS the Internet.

nodeerforamonth likes this.
  12. keith65

keith65 Forum Resident

happy with vinyl version of II.

Prophetzong likes this.
  13. Joe P.

Joe P. Forum Resident

I too, like my LZ II CD very much! I will pick up the other two albums tonight!

It sounds a little on the dryer side (sounds good) and the mix is more 'mixed', no shrill, detached vocals. The bass is clear and profound and adds to my enjoyment. I had never really listened to Led Zeppelin, but the bass-playing is outstandingly creative! It's fun to 'discover' them (in my own tempo). The overall sound of the LZ II 2014 CD is easier on my ear than an earlier remaster-box (see photo).

[​IMG]

warewolf95 likes this.
  14. Groggy

Groggy Forum Resident

I agree with everything you said.....except for the last paragraph. "Who cares about Audiophile recordings?" I do......I'd have wished they had also put them all out on SACD AS WELL as the standard format....but never mind, I do agree with your sentiments though

15. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

[​IMG]

Yayastone, John Grimes, Rhett and 8 others like this.
  16. jcarr73729

jcarr73729 Forum Resident

Happy with the sound.
    Happy with the price.
    Happy with life.
    Won't die wishing for what I can't have.
    Roll on the next batch.

Brother_Rael, willy, AJK74 and 10 others like this.
  17. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

Gorts please change thread title to "The LZ reissues anti complaint thread but you can complain about complainers thread".

18. Peachy

Peachy Forum Resident

Love this thread!! I feel the same way, waited an eternity for their release, and am so enjoying them. Page shows how much he cares about the music, and the fans. Could always be better, but also worse.Thanks Jimmy for the hard work, much appreciated!

AJK74, Ash76 and JeffMo like this.
  19. Kingof punk1977

Kingof punk1977 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I bought the double CDs & the single vinyls. I was tempted to buy double vinyls but it was too expensive.

dkmonroe likes this.
  20. Jerquee

Jerquee Take this, brother, may it serve you well.

I hate that there aren't more threads like these. It really sucks.

johnny q likes this.
  21. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

Got all three vinyl reissues. They did a great job! No complaints from me.

AJK74 likes this.
  22. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

I cannot begin to tell you how HAPPY I am with these Super Deluxe Box sets. Everything from the timing of delivery, the great Amazon packaging, the look and contents of the box sets and the sound quality in all the formats. I expected at least one set would have to go back due to warped vinyl but all discs are perfect - life is good.

Roberto899, Peachy and Ash76 like this.
  23. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I sat and enjoyed the first two with a cat in my lap and a bourbon by my side. Haven't gotten to III yet.

Simon A, Actuarybrad, Neo and 3 others like this.
  24. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I'm happy that you guys are happy with the new remasters. I will happily obtain the CD deluxe editions in due time. Happy, happy, joy, joy.

botley likes this.
  25. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Have the super deluxe boxes and have them all emptied and spread out all over my music room. They look great, smell wonderful and the sound...oh, the sound...reminds me of why I fell for the mighty Zep back in 1969. This Saturday I have reserved for a LZ marathon: beer, bud, box sets and door that says "do not disturb."

quicksrt, MarkO, ruben lopez and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.