"I Am Sam" movie soundtrack of Beatles covers

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

I just remembered the soundtrack to the movie "I Am Sam" which is all covers of Beatles songs. Anyone else have it? I like it and I'm actually glad they had to do covers instead of using the real Beatles songs- it makes for a more interesting soundtrack.

I Am Sam (soundtrack) - Wikipedia

An interesting bit of trivia about the covers from IMDB:

Oh yeah, the movie is pretty good too. :) It's much better than I thought it was going to be and worth watching.

2. Chance

Chance Forum Resident

I don't have the soundtrack, but I like the movie and the music in the movie. Pretty reminiscent of the original versions, though, for the reason you quoted. Usually just makes me want to listen to the real deal.

Great performances by Penn and Pfeiffer.

3. RandyP

RandyP Forum Resident

I have it. I haven't listened to it in awhile, though. My wife loves the movie.

4. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Aimee Mann and Michael Penn doing "Two of Us" is pretty great.

5. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

The Black Crowes doing Lucy In the Sky is Godawful. Maybe the worst cover they ever attempted.

6. AKA

AKA Senior Member

I bought the soundtrack when it first came out, but haven't listened to it in about fifteen years. I'll have to revisit it; I remember liking it a lot (especially Rufus Wainwright's "Across the Universe" with an uncredited Sean Lennon on harmony vocals).

MikaelaArsenault and Aggie87 like this.
  7. AKA

AKA Senior Member

It works really well in the movie.

8. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

I suppose so, I just think they KILLED "Don't Let Me Down" when they played it back in the day, which would served the band better, but as long as it worked in the movie...

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.