I found 2 Steve Hoffman records last night...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Todd Fredericks, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member Thread Starter

On my way back home I stopped at a few record shops (naughty, naughty) and found 2 Hoffman titles. 'The Blues- Vol. 1' (NM Promo/$3) and DCC 'Jump Up Calypso' (NM/$25).

I also got a 50's Capital "rainbow" (nada grey) mono pressing of 'Songs For Swinging Lovers' (NM/$12).

I had time to only listen to 'The Blues-Vol. 1' last night. Steve, any background info or stories on this title? Was there ever a Vol. 2? I enjoyed the music very much.

Todd

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

"The Blues", volume one?

Don't even remember it. What the heck label was it on?

3. Todd Fredericks

Chess, it has Chuck Berry, Muddy Waters, Little Walter, etc. It's a reissue of a "Best of..." (to introduce the white people of the early 60's to some good music).

Todd

4. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

Ain't that the truth! LOL...

:D

5. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

Todd, does the "Swingin' Lovers!" you picked up have the Capitol logo on the left or on the top. If on the left, does the label say "Long Playing/High Fidelity" or does it have those "points" coming out of the Capitol logo. If on top, does it have all 15 songs, or 12 ?

MMM

6. Todd Fredericks

The Capital Logo is on the left corner of the label. It doesn't say "Long Playing/High Fidelity". The logo has the stars. It has 15 songs. I'm not even sure when this is from, maybe 60's? The DJ art has Frank facing the lovers rather than looking away. I'm not very good at ID'ing some of the Capital stuff...

Todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.