I have a Vinyl Picture Disc Which is the Same on the Both Sides....Rare?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Nearula, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nearula

Nearula New Member Thread Starter

I have a Double Side Vinyl Picture Disc which has the same image on both sides is it rare?

It is the England 1982 World Cup Song "This Time"

I was wondering about it value and I did an ebay seach and the all ones I could fine for sale had the players images on one side and their autographs on the other side

THE ENGLAND WORLD CUP SQUAD 1982 7"picture DISC | eBay »

But the one I have has the photos of the players on both side. They are identicle both sides state "ER-1P (First Half)"

Let me know

Thanks
    Richard

2. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

I personally wouldn't pay a premium for a misprint like that. That record doesn't appear to be especially collectable in general.

In fact, I would probably avoid purchasing a misprint unless it was something historically significant like the Vee Jay "Beattles" 45.

3. Wally Swift

Wally Swift Yo-Yoing where I will...

I have numerous rare records that I personally love but they have no value because either no one knows about them or nobody cares. There are no listings for your record at Collectors Frenzy. Probably has no monetary value. A mispress even less.

4. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

5. Jiri Smahel

Jiri Smahel Forum Resident

I don't think so. Maybe there is a guy collecting misprints like this, who knows. I've got Europe - Wings of Tomorrow, European '85 repress and there's side 1 on both sides. Labels are printed correctly.

6. Holy Joe

Holy Joe Forum Resident

Something like that has no set value. Basically it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. If you want to sell it, stick it on eBay with bids and see what it goes up to. I doubt it would sell for much, but you never know.

I've sold a lot on eBay before. Sometimes a fairly ordinary item can sell for a high price just because two people want it and refuse to back down, so the price goes right up. Other times really nice rare items go unsold because there's nobody looking for that item at that particular time.

I've also had items before where I've had multiple copies. I've listed one and seen the price shoot up. Then I've listed a second one expecting a similar price and there's not much interest. So, the answer really is; it all depends.

Gaslight likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.