I just picked up the Bushel full of Beatles on DVD!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Beatlelennon65, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member Thread Starter

I hope I did ok on this one. It features the Beatles promo films and music from the movies with nice packaging. I think it has stuff from Ready Steady Go and other TV shows. Looks to have about 36 tracks. Hope it's good.

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Didn't get that one...Please post a review when you get a chance! Thanks...

3. Beatlelennon65

Ok guys, I did a quick run through last night and it looks pretty cool. About 8 of the 36 or so clips are from AHDN/Help!/MMT. The others are various Tv appearances in pretty good quality. Things that were quickly recognized were Ready Steady go clips, Penny Lane video, Something video, Paul at the piano Hey Jude video, and several others that I had not seen before including Ringo riding a stationary bike instead of playing the drums. Revolution was also on this disc. I am not sure where the other videos were from or if they were "live" or a lip sync. Several black and white and color. I paid under 30 bucks for this so I am pretty happy with it. I am sure there are some (lots) clips missing, but this is a good place to start. Does anyone know how many promos they made? It's not clear to me if these are all promo videos or if they are also regular TV appearances live in the studio. Pick this one up, I think you will like it.

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Thanks for the review!

5. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

beatlennon65 - does this DVD contain the full length promos or just edits? I am assuming that this is a boot???

6. Beatlelennon65

Of course it is a boot. :) What do you mean by full length promos? It has individual promos like I Feel Fine with Ringo riding the exercise bike. It also features about 8 cuts from the different movies. Some of these promos were on the Anthology.

Does anyone have that Beatles Down Under DVD? Is it worth a purchase? What about the other Australian concerts? Are they available on DVD?
    I will try to watch the whole Bushel tonight and take notes as to exactly what is on it. I know if doesnt feature the Hey Jude/Revolution from David Frost or the Ready Steady Go (I think) that features the medley. Wasnt that one recorded live without the crowd and then played back with the audience?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.