I miss "The Three Stooges"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Khorn, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I agree way to slow!

2. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Thank You! I'll pass that along.:thumbsup:

3. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Hey, I started a Stooge thread several months back - maybe somebody can excavate it - lotta Stooge-o-philes here! Shemp doesn't get his due - he wouldn't take toooo much s..t from Moe without slappin' him right back - "be-be-be-be-be-be-be..."

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I had the good fortune to hang out with both Larry and Moe.

Larry, when he was at the Motion Picture House and Hospital in 1974, and Moe that same year.

I was in Stooge heaven, let me tell you. Larry was sick then, but still fun to talk to. Moe was in good health and quite animated. He died suddenly soon after.

I'm glad I got to meet them! One of the pluses of living up the street from the Motion Picture House.

I met Bud Abbot there, and many other movie and tv people.

5. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

One of my favorite photos from Moe's book is the "straight" picture of them, not done up as Stooges. If I don't have it packed away yet, I'll see if I can scan a picture of it.

6. John B

John B Once Blue Gort,<br>now just blue.

7. Michael

That's a cool book! I have a few others that are geat reference...nothing like hearing it from the horses mouth though...

8. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

I wrote Larry a letter in 1973, after seeing an article in the National Enquirer(don't ask why...sigh)about his life in the Motion Picture Home. Got a autographed photo and a letter back. A very nice reply, he said he had put a quarter of his income away for retirement the whole time he had done the Stooges.

9. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I was a stooge fanatic when I was a kid (back in the 80's). If you ever get a chance to pick up Curly's biography that Moe Howard's daughter wrote it is really interesting. He was the womanizer out of all the brothers. He had like 4 wives. Too bad he died so young.

10. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

I liked Moe's *moptop* haircut.

Jim W.

11. Michael

Hey, Moe's the original Beatle!

12. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

13. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Curly had bad high blood pressure(sometimes you can see his face a darker shade due to that, even in B&W film), and worked his tail off for 12 hours a day on the Stooges films. You can see in the last ones he made how sick he got; whereas the old Curly looked like he couldn't wait to spring into action, the latter day Curly looked wan and pale. He also partied his butt off, and didn't get much sleep. It's too bad, I think he literally gave his life for his work.

14. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

One reason Moe gave (in his book) for Curly's alcoholism was the fact that he *was* quite the ladies' man, and he felt that his baldness (having to shave his head for the part) made him look bad. He should have just told them he had a solar panel for his Love Machine. ;)

As I read it, Curly had his stroke on one of the sets of a Stooges filming. Very sad to read about it.

15. Jack Keck

Jack Keck Forum Resident

Yeah. What wa ironic about it is tat TBS ran that as the climax of a Stooge-a-thon on Culey's birthday, October 22, one year. It ended with a huge pie fight at a high society arty where the Stooges were introduces as the successful project in changing them into gentlemen. Curley was conspicuous in his absence during the pie fight.

16. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Jack,

That's the film Curly had his stroke on. The only thing they had left to film was the pie fight. Very sad.

17. Michael

Ae you referring to Curly-An Illustrated Biography Of The Superstooge? If so, great book with plenty of great photo's...

18. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

That's the book!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.