I need help from the forum tonight on a buying decision....

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by swvahokie, Feb 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swvahokie

swvahokie Forum Resident Thread Starter

I want to buy a record from Music Direct and they have a 10% discount right now on vinyl. To get to 50 bucks and get free shipping, I decided to add an Audioquest carbon brush. When I took the 10%, it dropped me below 50 bucks and the shipping is more than the 10 percent discount. Well, I looked at the stuff on sale, and they have the Elac UB5 Slim on sale for 500 bucks. I am using the B6s, but want to get something better. I had planned on upgrading to something in the 2500 range, but I want that album am too cheap to pay the 5.68 shippping.

So, is the UB5 a big enough upgrade for me to go for it, or should I bite the bullet and pay the shipping. Or, should I forget both and go to the liquor store to replace my Eagle Rare that I may have half emptied in the last 3 hours. I know you guys wont lead me astray.

gregorya, timind and Bob_in_OKC like this.
  2. timind

timind phorum rezident

I'm "liking" this question as it made me laugh out loud. Spend $500 to save $5.68, hmmm.

I have no input on the speaker purchase though as I've never heard them.

Eigenvector, Kyhl, recstar24 and 8 others like this.
  3. toddrhodes

toddrhodes Forum Resident

Hell just wait til they put it on for 20% off. Seems like once a month these days.

timind and Dubmart like this.
  4. Davey

Davey NP: a.s.o. ~ a.s.o. (2023 LP)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  5. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Why not opt for media mail? Not the white glove service, but your order will get to you fine.

6. SpeedMorris

SpeedMorris Forum Resident

Soundstagedirect is doing 20%. You could buy an extra album...

7. IanL

IanL Senior Member

Either add another album to the order, or switch the Audioquest brush to the Hunt/EDA brush, which is better anyway.

GoldprintAudio likes this.
  8. Helom

Helom Forum member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.