I Nominate Bill Inglot For A Medal!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Angel, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Folks, please read:

SH Forum rules (as decreed by Holy Zoo):

Thread Crapping

"Thread Crapping" occurs when a person comes into a thread and posts something contrary to the spirit/intent of the thread, often derailing the discussion or turning it into an argument.

For example, coming into a thread about "The Greatest Beatles Album" and posting "The Beatles were overrated" is a thread crap. Another example: In a thread titled "I love my new Apple Macintosh!", someone posting "PCs are better and cheaper" is a thread crap.

If you feel the need to turn a discussion into a debate, start a new thread instead.

2. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

Nuggets Rules! heh heh!

3. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

Unless you post here which has almost a thousand posts contrary to the spirit/intent of the thread. :angel: No arguments yet, however.

4. rontokyo

rontokyo Senior Member

So this thread was created for the sole purpose of praising his work? So those who *don't* feel Bill should get a medal shouldn't post on this thread? Or likewise, those who *do* feel his accomplishments are worthy of praise, but nevertheless have reservations about his mastering, should also keep quiet? FWIW, I also am a fan of mono mixes, particularly for songs that were originally released in mono. But there have been posts on this thread to the contrary--posts that both add to the quality of the discussion and a better understanding of Bill Inglot's work. "Debating his work" is what I thought this thread--this Forum--was all about. :)

5. rontokyo

rontokyo Senior Member

Umm. Don't know if I'm guilty or not, but I posted without noticing Steve's most recent post re: Thread Crapping. So ignore my post, I guess.

6. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Your first sentence was correct.

I guess what they are trying to do is prevent a thread like this from turning into a bash-fest, and a heated argument. Ron, if you want to debate, or give an opposing view of BI's work, start a new thread. Then, the people who love his work may not post. Or, if it is a debate, all could join in. No, this thread was NOT about debating his work. Re-read Angel's initial post.

But Angel set this one up to praise Bill Inglot for all the fine, hard work he has done over the last couple of decades.

Again, and I encourage you, start a new thread, my friend!

7. Elton

Elton I Hope Being Helpful, Will Make Me Look Cool

We are better for his sense of Music History.:thumbsup:

8. rontokyo

rontokyo Senior Member

Don't know if it was mentioned in this particular thread, but I *know* it's been said elsewhere: having Bill as a regular guest/contributor on this board would sure be terrific. Guaranteed I've got more Inglot-mastered stuff than anyone else's [with apologies to SH. But hey, Rhino/Atlantic is juuust a little cheaper.] I know I personally could come up with questions in the neighborhood of three digits. Easy.

9. speedo

speedo Member

Bill is a great guy. A true researcher and highly under rated in our business. Think about how many projects you see his name on compared others. He does not get anywhere the credit he deserves.

10. Grant

Bill has had his hands in projects that other engineers/producers get the billing for. But that's just how cool the guy is. It's a wonder the guy's ears haven't fallen off yet!

I also wish Bill would join the forum and participate.

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I'm sure we all have plenty of questions for Bill:thumbsup:

12. Grant

That's probably why he stays off the internet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.