“I Started A Label To Record My Favorite Band” : Bruce Iglauer on Alligator Records’ 45 Anniversary

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

Thought you guys would want to hear this from a Chicago radio station.

“I Started A Label To Record My Favorite Band” : Bruce Iglauer on Alligator Records’ 45 Anniversary

This year marks the 45th anniversary of the great Alligator Records! Nick Digilio welcomes founder Bruce Iglauer to discuss how he started it all, the amazing stable of artists they represent and what’s being done to honor this Chicago institution including:

An entire day dedicated to them at this year’s Blues Festival.
    A special 2 disc anniversary set
    The reissue of the DVD “Pride and Joy: The Story of Alligator Records”

“I Started A Label To Record My Favorite Band” : Bruce Iglauer on Alligator Records’ 45 Anniversary »

2. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

Hooray for Bruce Iglauer and Alligator records.

Thanks for the link.

MikaelaArsenault and melstapler like this.
  3. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

This card dropped out of a second hand CD I just bought, wonder if the offer is still on?

It's only 20 years later...

[​IMG]

gabbleratchet7 likes this.
  4. Steve626

Steve626 Forum Resident

I was lucky enough to see Hound Dog Taylor in 1971 and bought his record from this guy in the back - little did I know that it was Bruce or that it was the beginning of a great record label. Apart from all the other great recordings on the label, Bruce gets my sincere thanks for introducing me and a lot of the world to the amazing Hound Dog and his equally amazing bandmates.

5. John Schofield

John Schofield There is no replacement for displacement

I’ve been been enjoying Tommy Castro and the Painkillers on Alligator Records. Mastering done by Bruce Iglauer at The Boiler Room in Chicago (must all be related?). Some great listening.

6. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

I worked a record store in Grand Rapids, Michigan at the time and I remember buying records from guys from Alligator out of the back of a van.

McLover likes this.
  7. Dylancat

Dylancat Forum Resident

Bruce did an invaluable service with this label.
    Kudos

8. McLover

McLover Senior Member

A superb record label, a nice gentleman, and some of the best Blues you'll hear. What is not to like?

9. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Hound Dog Taylor is just so f in good. It's awesome he gave some income to people who were just ledgendary but got little from their pioneering. The music business just chewed 'em up. So many great musicians went through Alligator that finally got a little something for their music. Congrats to Alligator and Bruce and Chicago itself. Just the best blues in the world.

mwheelerk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.