I Wanna Hold Your Hand (1978 film)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris DeVoe, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

I haven't seen this since it was run as an ABC Friday Late Movie around 1981. I did really enjoy it. I don't think it's on any streaming services, I think I'll have to track down the DVD.

2. BeaTleBob5

BeaTleBob5 John, Paul, George, Ringo & Bob

[​IMG]

Eddie Dezeen a.k.a. Richard "Ringo" Klaus.

dewey02, Ghostworld and musicfan37 like this.
  3. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

Was this before or after Steve found the tape from the SLA at the radio station?

kevywevy likes this.
  4. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Thanks for the tip - I’d never seen this, but cued it up today, rather than going outside...
    [​IMG]

Particularly enjoyed the manic Paul fan and her zealous pursuit to get there. ;-)

5. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise) Thread Starter

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that human life is not actually possible at 108 degrees.

Actually it's 92 here in Kansas City and I'm headed for a concert. Outside. But it's Los Lobos so it's going to be okay.

mrjinks likes this.
  6. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Also enjoyed all the STEREO copies of Meet The Beatles that were used as props for the film. :laugh:

musicfan37 likes this.
  7. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Sorry, I don't know...you can ask Steve. : )

8. Michael

ain't it grand...Stereo fans.

Bingo Bongo likes this.
  9. Chris DeVoe

Given that the budget for the film was apparently a $1.98 worth of S & H Green Stamps, you may have to give him some slack on having the proper props.

10. Michael

I have no problem with it.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  11. Chris DeVoe

True, you can't get much wider than the instruments in one channel on vocals in the other.

SandAndGlass and Michael like this.
  12. Michael

Meet the Beatles! is the the first U.S. Beatles album to be issued by Capitol Records, on 20 January 1964 in both mono and stereo formats. It topped the popular album chart on 15 February 1964.

musicfan37 likes this.
  13. Michael

heavenly bliss...

14. Chris DeVoe

[​IMG]
    People outside in the heat. We got some hardy concertgoers here in Kansas City. And yes, that's a locomotive right behind the caboose/balcony.

mrjinks likes this.
  15. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I loved this film when it came out.

16. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

shes fantastic, a lot of the cast were also in 1941 (which I love despite the detractors) i think this is wendy jo/eddie/nancy's finest hour

17. MAYBEIMAMAZED

MAYBEIMAMAZED Don't think Twice it's alright

I think I have seen this movie, I watch it again tonight!

Chris DeVoe and Michael like this.
  18. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Cool? Maybe now, not then. These were all unknown people, never heard of any of them. We were all stranded in a part of Universal called the "Motel" because it was actually an old motel, the accounting department was there, the big Xerox and mail area and then the two BOB's office, dinky, glass door (used to be a store in the motel). A dreadful place. The trash heap of Universal.

Just out of boredom I asked to read their scripts during my break. I was in charge of keeping the Xerox machine clean, dusting the gross, black toner out of the system (and all over me) with a little brush. A grim place (see JOE VS. THE VOLCANO for the EXACT same setup at the beginning of the film). So the two Bob's were usually standing in the hallway watching me clean the giant machine. These guys were nobodies then, and they were watching me clean the damn machine for a diversion. That's how grim it was there in the Motel.

So every time they changed the script they dumped the old ones out of the door into the hallway where the janitor would come by at night and sweep them up. It got to be that they put one of the scripts on top of the Xerox table for me to read as well. When someone came in the office who looked like an actor I got them to sign the script. This is way before the movie was finished, edited or even scored. Understand these were unknown people, trapped in the motel. Watch the beginning of JOE VS.. to see what I mean. It was just like that. Worst job I ever had in my life.

At any rate, I'm over it. A cute movie though. It bombed, didn't it?

I bet Robert Z's office is much nicer now..

Ah, here it is. Just like my workplace in 1977-79. Nice people but the rest? Forget it.

19. Michael

well after reading this I can see why the bad memories! Thanks for clarifying! yes, I would have felt the way...what a drag! well within the first post I read it did sound cool! Nice though that you got that signed script...at least something good came out of that "hell" job! : )
    I'm sure his office has all the amenities now! LOL.

MAYBEIMAMAZED likes this.
  20. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I got Mr. S. to sign it about a month after ET came out. They were building him his compound on the lot and he was always there. I grabbed the old script and gave it to him to sign. He smiled and did. This was after 1941 had bombed but RAIDERS and ET were hits so he was in a good mood.

Anyway, I have the script. Maybe one day it will be worth $40. :^)

21. Michael

I'll bet more than that! complete cast signed scripts are quite rare!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  22. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Deezen was pretty much the only good thing about "1941"!

Signed,
    A Detractor! :D

the pope ondine likes this.
  23. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Gee, it sounds like this script brings back unpleasant memories! Go ahead and send it to me so you can rid yourself of the pain! :D

Detroit Rock Citizen likes this.
  24. Michael

IT IS TRULY SPECTACULAR!

Chris DeVoe and MAYBEIMAMAZED like this.
  25. Michael

there is no other! he was fabulous...

BeaTleBob5 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.