I want to go to Princeton Record Exchange for my birthday; what should I expect?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by mBen989, Sep 8, 2017.

1. mBen989

mBen989 Forum Resident Thread Starter

The thread title's bad English but self explanatory.

Oh, and NO Monty Python please!

2. Bill

Bill Forum Resident

No cake, but one of the greatest sections of reasonably priced vinyl, CDs, DVDs and other media, often rare, that I have ever seen. It's so good, I drive there once a year to lurk and buy. Nice, knowledgable people, too.
    Happy birthday!

mBen989 and Gaslight like this.
  3. jkauff

jkauff Forum Resident

Stick around for a couple of hours at least. They're processing new pre-owned arrivals and putting them out on the floor all day long. You can pick up some great stuff by being the first to browse.

mBen989 likes this.
  4. Gaslight

Gaslight Cave dwelller

Expect your wallet to be a lot lighter by the time you leave.

It's a great store....give yourself at least a few hours to go through all the aisles + the dollar bins.

mBen989 likes this.
  5. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Great store. Be prepared to spend a lot of time there but be sure not to let your parking meter run out.

mBen989 likes this.
  6. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Get there early to find a parking space and as others have already mentioned, have at least an hour and a half to browse and bring lots of your birthday money, as you will be spending a bunch there. I will admit that I have struck gold a few times there, but a few times I have left damn near empty handed. Best to a have a list of artists or titles of stuff that you are looking for, as that store can sometimes seem overwhelming!

mBen989 likes this.
  7. Jeff Edwards

Jeff Edwards Forum Resident

There's a parking garage a block or so behind the store which was reasonably priced last time I was there.

mBen989, Gaslight and Malina like this.
  8. mBen989

mBen989 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks for the helpful information so far. I'm not headed there until sometime this weekend (Thursday, Friday or Saturday) so if anyone else has something to add, keep it coming.

Oh, and yes, the details of my haul will be posted in the usual place.

9. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

Can't speak to Princeton, haven't been there in decades, though I know a few people that make the trip when they are selling off a newly acquired collection.
    Doubledecker has had some very good stuff- near or in Bethlehem; don't know how far that is from you.
    Happy Birthday.

mBen989 likes this.
  10. Gaslight

Gaslight Cave dwelller

Street parking on Sundays is free (last I checked) and there's a free lot also by the University south of the main street.

Getting there early is usually the best bet.

mBen989 likes this.