Identifying my Shure SC35C

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Stefan, Feb 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member Thread Starter

I recently noticed that a local electronic parts store stocked the Shure SC35C and at a decent price, about $20 less than other stores in the area or online. At the store, I discovered it was in an older style box with the old 0.6 mil, white-logo stylus, so I bought a couple of them. However, the boxes state "Assembled in Mexico by Shure" so although they're sort of "NOS" they're not exactly the original made in the USA model.

Are any of you Shure experts able to shed some light on these? Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. muskrat

muskrat Well-Known Member

Surprised no response, great cart. Shure moved it's factories south and China. The .6 stylus was the early model, New model .7, both work well. Stereophile gave it a good review, pretty amazing for a dj cart with a conical stylus. I tried a nos.6 mil, not sure if it sounds better than the .7. I have old ears. Right now I'm listening to an m75-6 and I'm waiting to get a 97b stylus, a .6 mil, that is supposed to fit my v15rs, damper brush and all. Btw I paid $40 last year for my sc35c at Guitar Center, replacement stylus are $20. Cheers!

3. dmckean

dmckean Forum Resident

There was only a four year period where the SC35C was made in the USA. Production was moved to Mexico in early 1983. They came with the .6 mill stylus throughout the 1980s and in 1989 they switched to a .7 mil stylus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.