Ikea Atlanta Store Claims Big Changes Afoot for Expedit Shelving

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by LeeS, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L.P.

L.P. Forum Resident

Yes, it would be 15 of the 24x25 and 5 of the 24x15. Unfortunately the pre-drilled holes for the shelfboards don't let me make 4 rows of CDs per 24x25 element. But there would be space for four rows, so it's a little bit more difficult.

2. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

3. let him run...

I was out of the loop for awhile. So my reply is pretty late. We used mainly the units that were only two rows high and stacked them to the ceiling. We used the taller cabinets along the bottom and used the larger space along the bottom to house music books.
    But, I guess its all a moot point since they seem to have revamped the line since we did this project a year ago. Too bad, the various heights and widths made the Besta a pretty versatile set of building blocks.

4. L.P.

L.P. Forum Resident

Thanks for the reply! I found a photo on Pinterest with 4 rows per element. I think I'll try to do that. I just put it off for the moment, because it's so much work, moving 3K CDs. I think I'll enjoy planning it for a few more weeks...

5. let him run...

I recently moved across country and even when moving a short distance I've found some boxes from Uline that makes CD organization much easier. I just checked their catalog...the item# is s-10003. These are 100 count boxes, they fold together, no tape is needed even with flaps to close the top. Very sturdy...this is my 3rd move using the same boxes. I just unfold them and store them away.
    They make the whole organizational aspect really easy. I simply number the boxes.
    Check them out. Good luck.

L.P. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.