Star Wars: Episode VII

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Looks like the crap vehicles from Episode II. Hope this film is better.

Daniel Plainview likes this.
  3. Bowie Fett

Crap vehicles? I see the Millenium Falcon in one of the paintings.

4. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

I think you could take people off the street, hand them cameras and they could make a better film than any of those prequels.

bru87tr, Classicolin and head_unit like this.
  5. Bowie Fett

I believe Lucas should have let his guard down. He hates the writing process but refused to share or collaborate. The scripts for the original trilogy were tweaked after several discussions with other writers and directors, much like the script for the new film.

6. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Hundred bucks sez that "walker" actually walks pretty darned fast, perhaps even runs! Heck maybe it also has a double-bladed light saber to boot!

The imperial walkers from TESB lumbered about at what, 10-20 miles per hour? And you know what? They were freakin' awesome!

7. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

It appears that the huge difference here, if it is going to be in the film, is that this vehicle is a model and not a computer generated cartoon as was the case with most of the vehicles in the prequels. That's a huge plus.

8. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

That kind of stuff was a result of Lucas' writing/directing. He's no longer in the picture.

9. conception

conception Forum Resident

The models looked a million times better than what they did in the prequels. I don't care how many nice touches they think they can add to a CG model that they can't do to a physical one, a CG one will never not look fake. The blurays really highlighted the tremendous disparity, and the original trilogy was vastly more visually appealing than the latter.

10. apileocole

apileocole Lush Life Gort

The creative sensibilities reflected in the upcoming sequels will unavoidably differ from those of the original trilogy, with over 30 years between and so many different people involved. It'll be interesting though, I think, to see how close it may be and in what ways. So far, given what seems to be a lot of commitment from a lot of people who seem to be more connected to the original trilogy, I'm suspecting that these are bound to better the "prequels" in dramatic terms and probably visually in some respects as well, regardless of how they differ from the prior films.

What concerns me most was the too-convenient choice of JJ. I'm hoping he'll express himself from within the Star Wars milieu rather than impose himself all over it. Going from his Star Trek, there's no evidence he would appreciate the difference.

kevintomb likes this.
  11. Drew

Drew Senior Member

I heard quad-bladed. Other than that, your probably right on the money.

12. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Abrams already blew up Vulcan so hopefully he can blow up Endor in this film.

13. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Ewokalypse!

14. JimC

JimC Senior Member

:laugh:

15. tone ded freb

tone ded freb Senior Member

Now.

Gems-A-Bems and hidden1one like this.
  16. mrdon

mrdon Senior Member

Ootini!

Rhett, hidden1one and Lownote30 like this.
  17. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I just hope Leonard Nimoy doesn't show up to advise the rebels (revealed after lens flare #312). :)

kevintomb and Daniel Plainview like this.
  18. cooper16

cooper16 Forum Resident

Maybe this time the Imperial Walkers will have cannons that rotate 360 degrees or at least have some rear mounted weapons. Of course it didn't occur to the Rebellion to attack the lumbering At-At's from the rear where they were defenseless...

19. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Here's a picture of the set in Abu Dhabi which is the location being used for Tatooine. Based on the props in this image, it's possible that AT-ATs are going to make an appearance in this film...on Tatooine. Interesting.

[​IMG]

supermd likes this.
  20. mark renard

mark renard Senior Member

Imperial Walkers? Was the Empire not completely defeated in ROTJ?

21. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

It's a big galaxy, so there could still be remnants of imperial forces 30 odd years later. Plus it's not like the new republic would just throw out all of the old military equipment. Maybe now the "good guys" will be using AT-ATs.

22. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

The top 2 of the Empire were killed. Wouldn't you expect someone to step up to the plate? The Empire itself is huge.

23. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

AT-ATs on Tatooine? Is the film gonna be called, "Aunt Beru Strikes Back"?

I've got a bad feeling about this...

Holy Diver and Tim 2 like this.
  24. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

It's very possible that the rebels/New Republic confiscated the Empire's AT-ATs and other vehicles, weapons and equipment. Wouldn't you? I'd love to get me an AT-AT!

25. Willowman

Willowman Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.