I'm going to master Ten Years After "A Space In Time" today for AF Gold CD...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Apr 20, 2011.

1. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

No, that would be "Here They Come".

2. Steel Horse

Steel Horse Forum Resident

Close to 19.000 viewers and still not sold out. If we at the Forum are just lurkers and not buyers how can Audio Fidelity still be in business....... :D

3. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

I got mine on 27 July and the above was my number. I think the numbers are all over the place. No telling how many are still out there.

4. I received my AF of this title last week. I had never heard this album before and I am really enjoying it. Great sounding too by the way. :)

5. reapers

reapers Forum Resident

This one came out really well. Wow.

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Better late than never...thanks Steve, I finally got my copy. :thumbsup:

7. Just playing my copy again, this has become my favourite new release so far and I just promoted it to my reference disc library. :righton:

8. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I still believe this is the best AF so far, and by a pretty good margin over whatever sits in 2nd place.

Joti Cover likes this.
  9. :agree:

10. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

I ordered one from Amazon about 3 weeks ago, even though they were out of stock, they finally said it would ship by the end of December. I cancelled the order, went to Music Direct and got mine (#0944) in about a week.

LOVE it. One of my all time favorite LPs anyway, but hearing the clarity of the sounds and the air...just a great album made that much greater. And while I have been a life long fan of this it DID sound dated when I listened to it, for the first time ever. I wonder if the sonic upgrade shows flaws usually buried in other mixes? I dunno, I don't mind the datedness of it, being an old hippy anyway.

Glad I own it!

11. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

As I said previously, I ignored TYA in their heyday, except for the Woodstock performance. Knowing what Steve can accomplish, plus my liking every sample I listened to online, I rolled the dice.

Followed this with a purchase of the gold MFSL of Cricklewood Green / Sssh from a forum member in NM condition, ripped them both to my work computer, and safely tucked away both gold discs so that they may begin appreciating for my grandson's futures. :D

12. I'm really enjoying this AF. I'd never previously heard a Ten Years After album, but I really like it. And the mastering is lovely - it sounds very dynamic!

Joti Cover likes this.
  13. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Sorry to ask this again - hoping for just a little more discussion, if possible. I haven't purchased this yet but might very soon. I listened to my copy of the album from The Chrysalis Years and it sounds really good. Can anyone compare that to the recent AF? Thanks!

14. I don't think I have that particular version but the AF smokes any other version I heard before, this is by far my remaster of the year.

15. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

It's been a banner year for reissues all around, hasn't it? CSN, Kinks, Aqualung etc etc.

16. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

This is my first time hearing a Ten Years After album. Arrived today along with The Byrds - Younger Than Yesterday. Both are excellent albums. 2012 is starting out just fine in my books.

17. sonnysin168

sonnysin168 Forum Resident

I got mine yesterday. My first listen to any Ten Years After album (my previous listen was limiyed to the dvd and bluray Woodstock performance). I think the sonics are fantastic!

18. Don't wait too long - it could go out of print!

19. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

Is the REGULAR 'Space in Time' out of print in the UK?

:shake:

20. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

When is the final pressing expected to be released?

21. drSeehas

drSeehas Forum Resident

Which "final pressing"?

22. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Vinyl.

23. ajax25

ajax25 Forum Resident

24. drSeehas

drSeehas Forum Resident

25. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

Yes, the re-press of the CD. 9/28 according to the Elusive Disc link above. Thanks!