I'm having a house built. Should I put a dedicated line in the stereo room?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by ls35a, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lance Hall

Lance Hall Senior Member

I don't know about spinning brushes, must be a new feature. I just know you can plug the hose into a trap door receptacle in the wall and it turns on the central vacuum unit in basement or garage. All the receptacles are piped (1-1/4" pvc) back to the central vacuum unit. Then you don't have to drag a vacuum machine around just the hose.

The issue with aluminum windows is that they transfer heat and cold too easy. I put aluminum windows in my room addition and when it's cold outside I get severe condensation on the inside of the frame and it's ruining the wood trim. The only solution would be to run a dehumidifier.

Since the guy is having a house built I thought I'd suggest these two things in addition to the "stereo room" suggestions. I think people should post similar advice.

OH! Don't skimp on the electrical outlets either, put a lot. I would also put the stereo system and the computer system on dedicated circuits.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    PhilBiker likes this.
  2. Lance Hall

Lance Hall Senior Member

Yep, Cat-5 is already out of date.

By the way, I get a good ethernet using those through-the-AC-line modules. I just plugged them in and they worked so I highly recommend those instead if anyone thinks they have to run cable to a new area. Mine cost about $50 and the only setup was plugging them into the AC outlets and attaching the cord from the router and the cord from the computer.

3. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

+1 dedicated line for sure but an extra ground is also a great idea. And remember anything that comes from a cable company into the room presents a different ground on the signal line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.