I'm Seriously in Lust...Joule?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Susan, Apr 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susan

Susan New Member Thread Starter

Anyone here have the Joule Electra Stargate monoblocks? I took off Wednesday afternoon (hit 80F here) and went down to a very upper-end shop in the middle of NOWHERE here in VA...called the Hi-Fi Farm (you have seen them on audiogon and their web site...strictly in the upper hemisphere by my viewpoint).

He had some interesting stuff..Piega next-to-the-top line speakers for $18,000, Goldmund components that were anywhere from $15,000 to $35,000 each, etc. But what caught my eye were two of the juiciest-looking blood-red powder-coated monoblocks called the Joule Electra Stargates...they absolutely called my name. They're big, they sounded wonderful, and they honked. $5500 pr. I know this will sound assinine, but after his other prices, that sounded cheap. :)

This is a very bad picture at CES..not in red!...the red is important!

http://www.themusicshop.com/Joule Stargate.htm

If you have them, please tell me it is worth a ton of my paychecks to get these...or shake me and make me wake up!
    Susan

2. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist

Susan,
    I can't tell you anything about the Joule monoblocks, but I can tell you that the owner of the company, Jud Barber, is a pleasure to deal with. I have the LA150 preamp and his phono stage which sound great.

Jay N.

3. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

red IS important!

:nauga: :nauga: :nauga: :nauga:

4. fishinfool

fishinfool New Member

Susan,

I don't have the Joule Stargates, but I do have the Joule LA100-MKIII pre-amp and it is fabulous! The Stargates were given a great review in Stereophile about a year ago and I believe they are a Class A component. I'll second the comment about Jud Barber being a pleasure to deal with -- I've discussed several things with him including the Stargates which he "estimates" provided about 90% of the performance of his OTL power amps, which, IMO, would have to be included in anybody's list of the top ten power amplifiers in the world.

Also, check out Audiogon for the Stargates -- I don't believe any for sale right now, but they show up quite often for $3500-$4500.

I hope you get a pair of Stargates -- I don't think you can go wrong with this amplifier (assuming it has enough power to drive your speakers). Joule Electra makes great equipment and their customer support is tops!

5. Chaney

Chaney New Member

6. tone ded freb

tone ded freb Senior Member

That's right, Tony. Show 'em how to impress the ladies!

7. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

I see what you mean about the red ones - very nice. Would clash a bit with my decor, but I could adjust.

Regards,
    Geoff

8. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

Welcome to the forum chaney! You keep postin pics like that, and you'll work out just fine around here!

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.