I'm stoked! Just got my sealed copy of Badfinger "Magic Christian Music" lp today!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audio, Jul 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audio

audio New Member Thread Starter

I was watching a sealed copy of this album on ebay that I wanted to bid on. I decided not to when it went up around $40. Then I looked in the history for completed items and found this guy who had one that nobody bid on because the ad sucked and there was no picture. I took a chance and bought it from him for $11 shipped. It's friggin' gorgeous! Original ST-3364 pressing, that even has the "Countains the hit Come And Get It" sticker on the front so I know the shrink wrap seal is legit. Can't wait to play this one!!!

2. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

So you gonna tell us what you think of it?

3. audio

As soon as I play it. I've got to clean it first.

4. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

If it was sealed, then why do you have to clean it?

I bought this one out of the infamous $2.99 bins back in the '70's. A very good album, though not as good as the next two were. Worth $11!

Evan

5. Vinyl-Addict

Vinyl-Addict Groovetracer Manufacturer

$11, good deal.:) Is it an Apple pressing or does it have the Capitol label?
    I picked up a sealed pressing last year that was an original 1st press.
    I was very lucky, the vinyl was pretty flat and of course unplayed. The person I bought it from guaranteed it was an Apple 1st press. It's not a bad sounding record, all of the Badfinger US pressings are pretty nice actually.
    I have 3 different pressings of "Straight UP" and as Steve stated in another thread, the US master was the one he used for the DCC CD.
    I wholeheartedly agree, the US pressing kills the German Apple and German Electrola I have. OTOH, my UK "No Dice" is better than my US pressing.:)
    What are your impressions of Magic Christian Music?

6. audio

It's the original Apple pressing.

7. audio

To remove mold release compounds and residue from the pressing process.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.