Importcds.com annual 10% sale - when is it?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by agentalbert, May 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member Thread Starter

Seems like once or twice a year Importcds.com will have a 10% off coupon code that can be used. They haven't had one so far this year, to my knowledge. Anyone know if they do this on a regular pattern and when it is?

Dan likes this.
  2. BRush

BRush Senior Member

Importcds.com is owned by Deep Discount. Sometimes the prices are different between the websites, but they usually are the same. Deep Discount has a 25% off sale this weekend.

3. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Whew…I thought you were about to let us know they are running this which would have SUCKED for me as I just dropped about $300 on things I've been meaning to buy (thanks to you guys!!!) and would have hated to have missed out on a $30 savings!

4. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Last year it was around the middle of June for their summer 10% off sale.

5. Beholdentonoone

I'm trying as hard as possible to "will this into happening" soon as I'd love to get that 10% discount on their already low price on the Zeppelin Super Deluxe boxes I have in my shopping cart. With my luck they will announce the sale and jack the prices by 10%!

6. agentalbert

Really, I didn't know that. Are you sure? Importcds.com lists their corporate headquarters in Irvine, CA while Deepdiscount.com lists an Itasca, IL address for contact. You can call deepdiscount, but not importcds. They don't seem to use a similar order system at all.

7. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I don't think that one of them owns the other other one per se, but rather that BOTH of them are owned by the same large entity, called "Super D" or "CD Listening Bar".

Some clues on the 'net about this:
    http://www.importcds.com/PrivacyPolicy
    http://www.prweb.com/releases/SuperDannoucesleaders2011/01/prweb4940754.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeepDiscount.com
    http://www.sdcd.com/CD-DVD-Distributor-And-One-Stop
    http://www.sdcd.com/News/ACG-Reinventing-Award
    http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/retail/1198017/super-d-acquires-infinity-resources
    http://www.myblogutopia.com/2007/09/in-other-news-super-d-buys-msi-music.html
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jeff-walker/a/b5/b38

I guess they still operate as separate entities but they both serve the same corporate master. I buy from both of them (along with other online sellers) and ironically one vs. the other might have a better price on the same thing. I've found when one can't fill an order for certain items the other can't either for the same items, although sometimes one vs. the other might get a previously unattainable item in stock and I can get it then by ordering again.

8. Edotl

Edotl formerly Rick Goodkind

I think that in 2013 they had a 10% off sale that ended just before Black Friday.

9. Electric

They had two sales last year, in July and November.

10. Electric

Maybe there's a sale coming. All the prices in my cart have just increased by around $4 each. :(

11. Beholdentonoone

Yup and the zeppelin Super Deluxes I had in my cart all went up at least $20!!! Great sale…10% off our highest prices!!! Love it!

12. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Yep. I remember the first time my son got a job in retail, and he tells me how funny it was for the entire store's prices to go up 15%, so they could throw a 10% off sale. :laugh:

13. cantelopeskiz

cantelopeskiz New Member

I just applied the save10 code today, and it worked! Looks like the sale is running from now until the 24th.

Get some good shopping done and enjoy!

slipkid likes this.
  14. Electric

Just placed my order for 17 CD/SACDs. Fortunately, the titles they raised the prices on a couple of days ago came back down first. Hope I haven't missed anything 'cause I hate that $5.00 base fee to Canada.

15. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Cool thanks.

16. Beholdentonoone

What did you get? Do tell!!!

Here's my current cart…Open to all suggestions from you guys before I fully pull the trigger!!!

VinylLsxx: Last Splash-20Th Anniversa..Breeders($10.86)$97.78/each$3.49 shipping/eachInstockHeavy* 65263733081617-Jun-14Qty: $97.78

CDGive Me Strength '74-'75Eric Clapton($6.22)$55.94/each$3.49 shipping/eachInstockHeavy* 602537545940** 17-Jun-14Qty: $55.94

SACDPoint Of No ReturnFrank Sinatra($2.24)$20.16/each$1.49 shipping/eachShips in 5-10 Days82179721126017-Jun-14Qty: $20.16

SACDSongs For Swingin Lovers!Frank Sinatra($2.76)$24.85/each$1.49 shipping/eachInstock82179721066917-Jun-14Qty: $24.85

SACDSwingin AffairFrank Sinatra($2.76)$24.85/each$1.49 shipping/eachInstock82179721076817-Jun-14Qty: $24.85

CDOtis Redding: Complete Stax/Volt..Otis Redding($3.00)$27.03/each$3.49 shipping/eachInstockHeavy* 826663134889** 17-Jun-14Qty: $27.03

I hope the "not in stock" "Point of No Return" SACD doesn't hold up the entire order!!!
    [​IMG]

Campbell Saddler likes this.
  17. Electric

Here's my little order:

Lee Konitz Parallels 1 10.54 10.54 E:Super Au
    New Orleans Funk New Orleans Funk 1 11.65 11.65 D:CD
    New Orleans Funk Vol. 2-New Orleans... 1 10.70 10.70 D:CD
    New Orleans Funk Vol. 3-New Orleans... 1 11.74 11.74 D:CD
    Butterfield, Paul/Better Days Live ... 1 6.26 6.26 D:CD
    Black Hippies Black Hippies 1 8.67 8.67 D:CD
    Horace Parlan Movin' & Groovin' 1 17.38 17.38 E:Super Au
    Stanley Turrentine Up At Minton's V... 1 17.38 17.38 E:Super Au
    Lee Morgan Sidewinder 1 20.59 20.59 E:Super Au
    Hank Mobley Dippin' 1 17.38 17.38 E:Super Au
    Hank Mobley Caddy For Daddy 1 20.59 20.59 E:Super Au
    Red Garland Quintet All Mornin Long 1 23.79 23.79 E:Super Au
    Thelonious Monk Monk 'Round The World 1 7.07 7.07 D:CD
    Johnny Lytle Soulful Rebel/People &... 1 10.08 10.08 D:CD
    Woima Collective Frou Frou Roko 1 11.18 11.18 D:CD
    Lloyd Miller Oriental Jazz 1 10.57 10.57 D:CD
    Pazy & The Black Hippies Wa Ho Ha 1 7.70 7.70 D:CD

18. Beholdentonoone

Awesome order JKM!

Electric likes this.
  19. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

20. agentalbert

That place can be maddening. I wrote to them on Friday asking if they were going to have a 10% off sale like they did last June. They write me back today saying "At this time, we haven't been notified about the 10% off sale". So I place an order. Not an hour later, I get the e-mail notice of the 10% off sale and its on their site.

21. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Thanks, got the Nuggets - LA Box for $37 shipped

22. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

You reminded them ! :laugh:

23. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Give them a call. I would hope that in those circumstances they would give you a 10% refund.

I was able to get them via this number a few weeks ago:
    855-258-9650

Googling around now these might be new numbers though (?):
    949-225-1170
    866-666-1170

Just say you want to talk to someone at ImportCDs. I think the phone #s above might be for their parent company (SuperD) who then will transfer you (that is how things worked in my past experiences with them).

24. Electric

Can you cancel your order, then reorder?

25. agentalbert

I sent a message asking them to cancel the order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.