In The Court Of The Crimson King 50th Anniversary Box/Complete 1969 Sessions - released October 23*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by opiumden, Oct 31, 2018.

1. opiumden

opiumden Forum Resident Thread Starter

According to the Royal Package talk, the debut album by King Crimson will be getting a 50th anniversary box treatment this Christmas, even before the reConstruKction Of Light/Heaven And Earth box.

More information coming!

2. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

It’s bad enough to buy a box of an album after owning one or more copies of said album. But now a box after a box?

3. Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch Roll across the floor thru the hole & out the door

fantastic news !
    Masterpiece album containing the finest singing of Greg Lake's entire career.

cheers for posting !:cheers:

4. opiumden

If you had the original Court 40th box, you'd notice the size of it is different than the other 40th anniversary boxes.
    The 50th will come in the same size as others.
    Also it will contain all the takes from the Court sessions, although we might have to see the final tracklist to see if this is the case or not.
    There could be some omissions to keep the 40th box of value.
    It might contain the instrumental versions too, since the Elements box teased some of them.

5. hallucalation

hallucalation Forum Resident

6. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

Definitely in.

7. hazard

hazard Forum Resident

I love this album but I already have the 40th box. If I buy this do I have to buy the Diamond Jubilee box in another 10 years?

8. whiskeyvengeance

whiskeyvengeance Forum Resident

Woo hoo! I was really saddened to hear the ConstruKction box wasnt coming out in time for Christmas so I'm glad we're getting SOMETHING. I already have the 40th box but this is one album I will buy every iteration of no matter how minute the additional bonus content. Hopefully there will be some other extra unreleased goodies in addition to the studio takes, but I'm not holding my breath for any previously unheard live stuff.

Judge Judy likes this.
  9. kenticus

kenticus Forum Resident

Will be curious to see what they add in, imagine there’s no unreleased video footage they have, wonder what additional audio they’ll add?

10. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

Will it be Wilson’s mix? Or might they actually go analog?

I’ve no interest in yet another digital mix...

owsley, astro70, AidanB and 2 others like this.
  11. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident

What is up with all the box sets for this holiday? These companies must trying to take all the dough in before its gone.

12. raimiz1991inc

raimiz1991inc Forum Resident

I absolutely love the 40th Anniversary box set, but I can't figure what else they could add to it, I find it to be perfect as it is down to the choice of including separate jewelcases for the discs. Anyways, it's one of my favorite albums of all time, so it's a must buy. I'm so happy this is being released. Thanks for the info.

Crimson Witch likes this.
  13. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

oh boy.

14. klockwerk

klockwerk Forum Resident

I want to, but I'm not that rich.

15. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

These Crimson boxes have all been great. I already own the 40th but I look forward to seeing what’s on this one.

16. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

It would be nice to put out a standalone release for whatever bonus material they include in this box that wasn't in the 40th box, but who knows what they will do. Having exclusive bonus content for both boxes would just be torture.

I only started buying these boxes this year, being a casual KC fan before that. I'm very excited for a Court box.

17. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

I wonder what they have left in the vaults

18. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Man, I love this album! But... gosh, so many box set releases these days!? I can't be more broke than I already am.^^

Woah, sounds great! Think I need this. Hope the set is still easily available next year.

opiumden and Crimson Witch like this.
  19. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

I need to know what's in it. I have the 40th Box, so it'll need something new.

20. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

Possible to include the full Marquee and Fillmore shows. It would be similar to the other boxes to include previously released shows.

21. opiumden

My hope is they include all the live materials from the '69 era that's been released (Epitaph, KCCCs and the 40th box live disc etc), plus the Jazz Club show from Chesterfield which is phenomenal.
    And the inevitable blu-ray upgrade of the DVD that's in the 40th set.

22. Very exciting! What a band that first lineup was...Incredible.

phillyal1 and Crimson Witch like this.
  23. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

I am probably in on this....running out of money.....

24. Wow, this is unexpected. Assuming it’s an upgrade from the 40th box, you can count me in.

25. YMC4

YMC4 EVthing or Nothing

i remember getting excited for the 40th...man, time fly :shake:

Michael and Crimson Witch like this.