Indiana Jones 5 (Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny) *

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Mar 15, 2016.

1. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I found the Title and Replacement for Harrison Ford in the 5th Indiana Jones Movie:

[​IMG]

omikron, wayneklein, forthlin and 5 others like this.
  2. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

3. clayton

clayton Senior Member

Indy get rescued by his protégé from the rest home and the adventure begins

4. evillouie

evillouie Forum Resident

This thing has been in development hell forever, which is never a good sign.

Originally, their plan was to do 2 more Indy movies during the 90's, while Harrison Ford was still in his prime. Back before it took them decades to come up with a script.

5. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Romans 6:23

Indiana Jones is my favorite franchise. I've read the novels, played most of the video games, and spent more than my fair share on toys and merch over the years. At this point I'd rather not see them try to make this movie. They should have done this two or three years after Crystal Skull while Ford was still in decent shape. Now it's just going to be ridiculous.

Add to that the mess that Disney has made of Star Wars and I have zero confidence that they'll treat Indy any better. Please just leave the movies alone and focus instead on giving us more video games and novels.

MPLRecords and Andy Dursin like this.
  6. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

I personally would like a "woke" re-boot with a tattooed, gender-fluid podcaster: Indie Anna Jones!

7. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

8. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

SizzleVonSizzleton likes this.
  9. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

forthlin likes this.
  10. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Turning?

deadbirdie likes this.
  11. Doctor Worm

Can't wait to see this in the summer of 2031.

12. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Indiana Jones raises from the grave

13. evillouie

evillouie Forum Resident

They've been talking about a new Conan movie with Arnold longer than they've been talking about this Indy movie. And at this point I don't expect either one to materialize!

14. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I think they should just reboot the series, and have Alden Ehrenreich cast in the role of Indy... just so I can watch people’s heads explode.

BeatleJWOL and GentleSenator like this.
  15. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

:doh:

16. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

It seems Harrison Ford wants this movie to happen more than his fans/"customers" do.

17. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Harrison Ford was given a dozen different Indiana Jones scripts during the 1990s, all of which he rejected until 2008's Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. And that was pretty much reviled by a lot of fans and critics (though it made a lot of money, actually more than any other Indiana Jones film).

The character Indiana Jones was allegedly born in 1900, so he was about 35 in Temple of Doom (1935), 36 in Raiders of the Lost Ark (1936), and about 38 in Last Crusade (1938). Almost 20 years passed until the events of Crystal Skull (1957), so Indy would have been about 57 then (the actor was actually 66). Ford is now 78 years old, so the new film would now have to take place in the 1970s in order for it to be even remotely realistic. I don't think it would be practical to do motion capture and de-age the main characters and make believe they're 50 or even 60. That's a tough challenge for any filmmaker.

18. That’s assuming Ford survives until.production begins. He’s had a few near misses as a pilot and he is 78.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  19. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Doh!

20. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Marty Scorsese to the rescue!

21. Doctor Worm

I believe they listed his birthday as July 1, 1899, so that's pretty close. At this point any setting before the late 60's/early 70's just won't work. I'm not sure I want to see Indy past the 50's; he's very much a character that thrives in the earlier parts of the 20th century.

22. CoryS

CoryS Forum Resident

Nothing a certain DeLorean can't fix. Kill two birds with one stone.

23. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

24. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

The first one took place in the mid 30s. Now we’re 40 years later. Is this one going to take place in the mid 70s?