Indiana Jones Trilogy bumped UP 2 weeks to 10/21?!?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Cliff, Aug 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man Thread Starter

The buzz going around on an HT forum, is that the Indiana Jones Trilogy on DVD, is being bumped up 2 weeks, to 10/21/03. DVD Empire and Walmart (among others), now show this date for preorder releases. Hope it's true! Sooner the better!

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I hope Steven and George revised all the movies to be more politically correct this time around. All of that Nazi stuff has to go. And that "pulling out your heart" guy in II. Perhaps they can make him just pulling out hair or something. Wouldn't want to upset the kids.

3. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

:laugh: :p :D :laugh: That's too funny Steve!

4. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

That's just ridiculous. I am sick and tired of people getting on Spielberg and Lucas' case about this. As far as my sources have been able to verify, the only confirmed digital tweak is a slight cosmetic one: When Indy shoots the swordsman in the first film, a spectacular glowing radial belt will emanate from him before he falls. Oh yeah, and one of the swords will be replaced by a gun with which he will shoot at Indy and miss at close range before Indy shoots back, and the other sword, of course, will be replaced by a walkie-talkie since two weapons would be too violent.

But that's it. What's the big deal, anyway?

Regards,

5. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man Thread Starter

Thank you, Ken. :thumbsup:

6. Jefhart

Jefhart Senior Member

I heard they were replacing Harrison Ford with a Smurf. Just so the kids won't get tooooo upset.:)

Jeff

7. Claviusb

Claviusb A Serious Man

I can't wait for the 4th Indy film, but it'll be a while coming as ILM will need to digitally remove Harrison Ford's walker from each shot.

8. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

Odd, what I heard is that the producers decided to reshoot scenes after Sean Connery signed on because Mr. Connery still tests much more macho than Harrison Ford with audiences! In essence, Spielberg decided to flip the roles allowing Ford to grow a white beard and Connery a youthful trim and dye job combined with digital retouch on the wrinkles! ;)

They're also considering a retitle to "Raiders of the Lost La Mancha" with Terry Gilliam co-directing! :laugh:

:cheers:,
    Cat

9. GabeG

GabeG New Member

Seriously folks, there aren't supposed to be any revisions to these films as there were to ET. The only reported change is digitally removing a reflection in the glass plate that seperated Harrison Ford from a snake in the first film.

And let's give Spielberg a slight break, while he altered ET, he did fight Universal to make sure the original movie was included with the special edition when it came out on dvd. Unlike Lucas, he obviously didn't intend to replace his original version and delete it from public record.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.