Indy Mike suggested I post this - Guess The LP Cover

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fivecent, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

I just got: 8, 15, 23, 26, 34, 36, 43, 54, 56, 58

And I thought I had the all white and black ones until I saw the alternatives you folks are listing. I still hold that the all-white one was The Beatles because that didn't even have a company name or anything except the band name. I also thought the black one was Metallica, but there is a coiled snake on the album and I couldn't see it on this pic, so it looks like Prince is the better guess.

2. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

3 More to guess

First hint: 2 of them are from the same group.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Drawer L

Drawer L Forum Resident In Memoriam

Don't know the first one,but the second is Will The Circle Be Unbroken by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band(& friends!) & the third is also by NGDB.

4. BradOlson

Now Mike, guess these 3 and the Glen Campbell one that Jimbo got the artist of. I gave you a hint behind it.

5. BradOlson

You got the "Circle" one right, but not the bottom one, but it close as the band you didn't get right is a country-rock band from shortly after the time "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" came out.

6. ascot

ascot Senior Member

You know, it could very well be the AC/DC album. The quiz has something blotted out and the printing on BIB is in the same area.

7. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

The other two are by the Amazing Rhythm Aces: Too Stuffed to Jump and Stacked Deck. Love that frog!!:)

8. BradOlson

Yep. BTW, the Glen Campbell cover is "Southern Nights."

9. BradOlson

More covers

Since I don't have a decent FTP client on here (I'm not at home), I will attach 3 more covers for you to guess one at a time.

10. BradOlson

Here is #2.

11. BradOlson

Last but not least #3

12. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

Re: #2

#2 is Best of Bee Gees, with the album cover that mystifies people who don't know the band's history.

In 1967 and most of 1968, there were five Bee Gees ... Barry, Robin and Maurice Gibb, plus Colin Peterson and Vince Melouney. In late 1968, Melouney left the group. So the photo was taken probably in late 1968 or early 1969, before Colin Peterson left. For several months, there were four Bee Gees.

Another several months later, there were TWO Bee Gees, as Robin Gibb left for a solo career in 1969 ("Saved by the Bell" and Robin's Reign). But both his solo career and the Bee Gees as a duo stalled, so they reunited in 1970 and came back with "Lonely Days."

13. Drawer L

Drawer L Forum Resident In Memoriam

Bee Gees lineup

ACTUALLY,there was a brief period of a three member lineup.When Robin quit,Colin was still a member.There's a few pictures from this period in that Bee Gees book that came out a few years ago(it's a massive,600 page jobbie-EXCELLENT!!!)-There's TWO pages on The Fut single!(talk about in-depth!....)

14. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

Jimmy Buffett - Living and Dying in 3/4 Time

15. BradOlson

Yes, Tim got the Best of The Bee Gees right and MagicAlex got Jimmy Buffett-Living and Dying in 3/4 Time right. The last one is by Glen Campbell but I can't give a hint on the album title as that would give it away but it was a major success.

16. BradOlson

More covers

More covers:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. BradOlson

A bonus one for you

Here's another bonus cover:

18. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

Re: More covers

The one with the green light arrow is Straight Ahead by Amy Grant, which originally was on the Myrrh label.

19. BradOlson

Yep, and is one of her best albums, IMO and that of many in the Contemporary Christian/Gospel music industry including her former keyboardist who would soon be a superstar in the genre himself, Michael W. Smith, who is another great artist. BTW, Myrrh was a subsidiary of Word and Word itself is owned by Warner Bros. who still distributes her entire catalog in the Christian market while BMG distributes her catalog from 1977-1986 to the mainstream market while Universal/A&M/Interscope distributes the catalog from 1988-present to the mainstream market. Reunion Records, Michael's label is owned by Provident which is owned by BMG who distributes his entire catalog now in both the mainstream and Christian markets.

20. BradOlson

The last Glen Campbell cover I featured apparently stumped you all. The album is "Gentle On My Mind."

21. BradOlson

Re: A bonus one for you

When Tim got the Amy Grant Straight Ahead album right, he might not be aware that he answered the title of this album correctly, but in this case it is by Larry Gatlin & The Gatlin Brothers and is the album with "All The Gold In California," "Midnight Choir (Mogen David)," etc. on it. BTW, this album is on CD as a twofer with the first volume of Greatest Hits and as a result, it is a very good compilation of his early years with many hits and a few bonus tracks (the album tracks from "Straight Ahead" that weren't hits).

22. ascot

ascot Senior Member

The John Denver LP is Some Days Are Diamonds.

23. Rspaight

Rspaight New Member

Well, not surprisingly (considering my avatar) I figured out #34... :)

I also got 1, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16, 17, 23, 25, 26, 27, 30, 31, 32, 34, 36, 37, 38, 40, 49, 52 (several options), 53 (several options), 54, and 56.

27 out of 60. I suck.

miike,

Wanna hint on #30?

Ryan

24. Good job Ryan. Actually I'm OK on #30 now. S-DMS. Right?

I currently have 39 answers. Today I found 1,3,4, 11, 12, 16, 17, 30, 38,

Now about number 34 and your avatar? I ran several different searches in Google using such search strings as "South Park album covers" "Kenny - South Park CD covers", etc. Came up with nadda thing.

I'll find it. Sooner hopefully than later.

25. BradOlson

You are right. Any more guesses on the other covers I'm featuring?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.