INTERSTELLAR to debut early in film capable theaters

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Pinknik, Oct 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

2. Remington Steele

Remington Steele Forum Resident

Used to work in a theatre projection booth with 35mm. I must say even the 1.5k and 2k projectors like the ones at my brother's theater have better sharpness and contrast than any of the 35mm I saw(screen quality factors in). Shooting certain kinds of shots I understand can be easier with a film camera but digital presentation has reached new heights.
    And I do not miss the film being tangled up around the platter brain(threading device in the middle of a turning 35mm film platter).

3. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

4. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Whaaa whaa whaa. It's not like they HAVE to show this only on 35mm. It's basically a special promotion for theaters who still have film projectors installed. I can see why they'd reinstall one in the Chinese Theater for this, but our in Puppybreath, Montana or wherever? No biggie. Just wait two days and show it digitally. There's no controversy or issue here, just a bunch of people who want to whine.

dan c

MLutthans likes this.
  5. benjaminhuf

benjaminhuf Forum Resident

Interested in seeing this movie, but I find the basic idea of it, to the degree I can figure it out from the trailer, a bit troubling. It seems to boil down to: "We've ruined the Earth. Let's go to another planet!" I know, I know, it's just make believe.

6. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Yeah, I still don't really get it either. Wouldn't it take hundreds or even thousands of years to properly colonize a new habitable planet? I'm sure there will probably be a clearer plot, though.

benjaminhuf likes this.
  7. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

How things have changed...

8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Losing 200 billion tons of ice a year tells me the Earth ain't in good shape:

http://www.theguardian.com/environm...-polar-ice-caps-melting-at-unprecedented-rate

mikeyt, benjaminhuf and townsend like this.
  9. benjaminhuf

10. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

11. benjaminhuf

I very seriously doubt that Mars is going to be an answer to our problems here on Earth. I'm a supporter of space exploration and travel, whether private or government, but the idea that we'll live somewhere else and "save the species" on Mars or some other planet seems like a sad and unrealistic delusion....

But, as I say, I realize it's make-believe and I'm happy to watch this movie. After all, I like Star Trek, which is all about an unrealistic technological near-utopia.

12. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Looks great to me.

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Oh, screw Mars. We need to do what Matthew McConaughey does in the movie and jump through a black hole to an Earth-like planet! All right, all right, all right!

Bryan and benjaminhuf like this.
  14. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Maybe the astronauts use the same device that Batman used in The Dark Knight Rises to get all over the planet within seconds.

15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

The Mercedes AMG Black is not exactly chopped liver.

16. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

And they project at proper illumination,not like 75% to save money...

17. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Reviews are starting to come in, mixed positive (18/26) so far over at RT. The movie clocks in at 2:49.

18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Wait and see the movie. They ain't goin' to Mars... it's a little further away than that.

Whoops, make that a wormhole. If you go through a Black Hole, you wind up in a really bad Disney film.

19. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

They yanked the film gear at the Chinese quite a while ago (two or three years ago). By the way, that booth is the cleanest projection booth you will ever see. You could eat off the floor in that place!

20. benjaminhuf

I imagine this has been posted elsewhere, but Jim Carrey has done a wicked parody of the Matthew M Lincoln ads:

Dan C, Vidiot and alexpop like this.
  21. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Why do I think this is gonna be a snooze fest ie; no overdrive.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.