INXS - "Kick" (30th anniversary edition with Dolby Atmos)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by everyday_ffm, Oct 5, 2017.

1. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

I just saw that and was going to post here! Weird. Amazon.uk still says this Friday. It's cheaper to order from the UK than the US anyway.

theshape likes this.
  2. impalaboy

impalaboy Forum Resident

I pre-ordered it from Amazon for the November 24th release but got a notice yesterday that the new release date is February 9th. Not sure why the date change. :wtf:

theshape likes this.
  3. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

Regarding what multis they used perhaps a few more people can tweet at Giles (@mashupmartin) and see if he responds. I sent the following:

@mashupmartin for the Atmos mix of @INXS Kick did you use the 16/44.1 multis (Otari) or the analogue slaves from the Studer 800 MK3?

mdm08033 likes this.
  4. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

Done

5. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

The release date is now back to November 24th on amazon.com. My copy from amazon.uk has shipped, so hopefully people will be getting their sets soon and posting reviews.

c-eling, impalaboy and theshape like this.
  6. impalaboy

impalaboy Forum Resident

Hey, you're right! My order shows November 24th again. Thanks. I wonder what happened. :confused:

theshape likes this.
  7. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Mine is on its way but has been appropriate by Mrs Coffeetime as a Birthday present for me for next week. She complains that I buy everything on day one and it leaves people like her struggling for presents. Whilst she might have a point, I'd rather be listening to a new surround mix of one of the best albums of the 80s tomorrow.

I'll look forward on everyones comments soon and will have to listen vicariously through them :agree:

ispace, AndyH, JeffMo and 3 others like this.
  8. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

It could be worse - she could have surprised you with a new Keurig coffee maker and a Crosley turntable!

dobyblue, sbsugar, jamesc and 2 others like this.
  9. DazNEUK

DazNEUK Well-Known Member

I’ve just picked this up at HMV, really looking to it!

I’ll post my thoughts tomorrow.

10. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Could anyone confirm if there is a stereo Hi Res version included?

11. Lownotes

Lownotes Senior Member

44.1/16 is hardly "low resolution"

shaboo likes this.
  12. DazNEUK

DazNEUK Well-Known Member

Just put the Blu-ray in and it’s Dolby Atmos or PCM Stereo (16/48), it also has 8 music videos.

13. HomerJAU

HomerJAU Well-Known Member

Hymie the Robot likes this.
  14. JcC

JcC Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the version sold on Amazon UK will play in the US? It has a different ASIN number, while the Moody Blues DOFP upcoming release has the same ASIN number on both sites.

15. HomerJAU

It will be region free, so yes.

JcC likes this.
  16. JcC

JcC Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info

17. JcC

JcC Well-Known Member

I checked with Amazon UK customer service before ordering and was told it is coded region 2. She guessed because of the videos. I’ll wait and see if the price drops in the US in the next few weeks.

18. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

There was a “will not ship to Canada” warning on it last few days until today when it changed to in stock, no warning now. Supposed to ship tomorrow so with luck I’ll have mine by next weekend. I doubt it’s region locked, music releases rarely are - if it is unique UK/EU SKU then maybe the videos are 1080i50, will for sure follow up if someone else doesn’t first.

19. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

Maybe region coding is the reason for the NA delay?

20. HomerJAU

MakeMKV will remove any region protection.

21. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

So many classic hits not included and yet the first and least well known hit is included - "Just Keep Walking" No "I Send A Message" "The One Thing" "Don't Change" "The Loved Ones" "Burn For You" "To Look At You" et al

22. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

Dont
    Dont Change is a favourite of mine. Dont know why its not included.

jeffrey walsh and AFOS like this.
  23. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Maurice likes this.
  24. James_S888

James_S888 Forum Resident

Yeah, well most of this stuff was digitally recorded. I can understand why they left the earlier hits off, this is digital. For the earlier stuff the sound on the original pressings would toast the reissue.

25. Teufelzkerl

Teufelzkerl Forum Resident

I have the high-res version from 2015 and compared it to the new remaster ("New Sensation" lower wave form). Well I'm not a DR slave in general, but usually do compare different masterings. And this one is not ideal I would say. At least it has a lot of bonus stuff. ;)

[​IMG]