Iron Butterfly "Heavy"-The All Analog Mono RSD RE-$9.97 @Bull Moose !!!

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Myke, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

Inspired by what I had read in the 1968 Mono thread, I went looking, and found this !!!!

Obviously MUCH lower than the other retailers I checked, so I grabbed one for myself, then thought I'd let others know...

Link : Iron Butterfly - Heavy (Mono) ยป

Free shipping for orders $30.00 and up.

:tiphat:

MLutthans, Tjazz and dkmonroe like this.
  2. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Ordered - thanks!

Also got Loreena McKennitt's The Mask and Mirror, just released today on vinyl. Just over $30 for the pair.

What a great month this has been for cheap LP's!

Myke likes this.
  3. Myke

You're welcome. I went with the Birthday release of Mick & Keith's Havana Moon on Blu ray.

dkmonroe likes this.
  4. Myke

Low stock...

5. Myke

Less than 8 hours later, my shipping notification !

dkmonroe likes this.
  6. dkmonroe

I got mine too. I saw the Loreena McKennitt LP go from "Low Stock" to "Sold Out" within seconds of my order. Bull Moose is awesome - I love how they keep you in the loop!

Myke likes this.
  7. Myke

Saturday, in the park,

8. dkmonroe

Ordered on Friday, received on Monday. That's Free Shipping with over $30 purchase. Wow! I'll be adding these guys to my regular shopping rounds.

Myke likes this.
  9. Myke

Mine's expected by Friday. Damned Media Mail BS.

dkmonroe likes this.
  10. dkmonroe

Well, I hope ya don't have to wait that long, but I'll give you a preview of what may be in store.

Looks to me like this LP was a return - It's in one of those loose plastic sleeves with the die-cut opening on one side, and it's been opened. It's got a 25% off sticker and a Record Day sticker, so it looks like it was a Record Store Day LP that someone returned. Side 1 has a visible light, shallow scratch mark that is across nearly the whole side. There are other small light scratches as well, like you would see on an LP stored in a cardboard sleeve, although the LP is in a poly sleeve.

Nevertheless:

This LP is the most perfectly flat of any LP I have purchased new in, well, ever. It is as thick and flat and solid as an actual LP from the 1960's. It has that feel. And I just got through listening to the whole thing, and I never heard a pop nor a crackle. Just the music, in a wonderful, powerful, deep mono mix.

My verdict: Somebody returned this for visual reasons, and the Blue Moose team either play graded it or didn't, and stuck it in the 25% off bin, and when it didn't sell, they sold it for $9.96. And I'm damn glad they did, because it's fantastic. I've bought a lot of cheap new vinyl recently, and this is probably the best of all.

Now, maybe all the other ones they sold in this sale are sealed and I drew the short straw, but I don't care, because there is nothing to complain about with this purchase. I will give this store special attention in the future. They're doing it right. :righton:

11. stimpdad

stimpdad Member

Now "out of stock".

12. Myke

Which is why I didn't bump the thread last night. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.