Iron Maiden "Book Of Souls--Live Chapter" coming November 17, 2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Hud, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

I bought the book version of live chapter on CD I'll have to take them for a spin. I'll at least rip em lossless for my phone in the car. Was happy with the lps though !

Clanceman likes this.
  2. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Does anyone know if the BOS Live Chapter video that premiered on YouTube will be available for purchase?

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  3. Roberto899

Roberto899 Forum Resident

I don't have the CD to compare, but I did have to turn this up which is usually a good sign.

4. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

There is a version for sale on iTunes

5. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

After @Clanceman 's excellent review of the CD deluxe set, I just had to order it. I should receive it tomorrow and I can't wait to hear the live tracks. Children Of The Damned was recorded in Montreal, and I was at that show!

I was reading elsewhere that the CD's were squashed, but if Clanceman says it's good, then it's good!

Opeth and Clanceman like this.
  6. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

From what I’ve read, it will not be released on physical media.

7. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Well, it sounds 100x better than the BOS studio set.

So much more open, full, & clear. I can crank it pretty good. No clipping. It’s not every BOS song, but I prefer the song list.

Hell, this is “my” BOS version now. Perfectly broken up w Trooper, Fear Of The Dark, etc...

You’ll dig it.

8. HankM

HankM Senior Member

It's not HD on iTunes, only SD. I watched the livestream on YouTube last week and it looked pretty good. I rented the iTunes version for $4 this past weekend and it looked fine for being SD. The source was probably not HD since most of it was filmed from the venue screens footage.

johnny q likes this.
  9. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Winding my way through Live Chapter on headphones whilst at work. First and foremost is the mulch appreciated separation for the three guitars. They sound fantastic! There’s Dave, there’s Adrian and there’s Janice. I’m listening on Apple Music so don’t have the credits from a physical copy to hand; am I right in understand this isn’t Kevin Shirley and one of his his ‘smoosh it all together’ mixes? Right from the start this mix sounds way more involving than BoS, even if it doesn’t have that magical Martin Birch touch.

I enjoyed Eternity and Speed of Light from the studio album already. Death or Glory sounds, at the risk of repeating myself, more involving than the studio version. Looking forward on the rest of the album. May well have to get the physical deluxe set now. More expense on top of my Legacy of the Beast ticket I scored this morning.

The first Maiden release I’ve not bought physical on day 1 and this is what happens.... :D

driverdrummer, Clanceman and johnny q like this.
  10. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

I ended up just buying the iTunes. It was only $10. Really enjoyed it so far. I got the vinyl and Deluxe CD too...so in too deep at this point

Clanceman likes this.
  11. HankM

HankM Senior Member

The vinyl sounds great! I think I prefer the BOS songs live.

12. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

I have read from different rock/metal sites: many consider BoS to be their best album since Brave New World. I've also seen it ranked above their 90's releases.

Galley and Clanceman like this.
  13. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

So the vinyl is worth the perennial splurge?

Happy Thanksgiving to all and families.

Clanceman likes this.
  14. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Yeah it does! I listened to the entire thing start to finish on release day. It was a total immersion into the wonderful world of Maiden!

Clanceman and HankM like this.
  15. Psychedelic Good Trip

Yeah I'll pull the trigger on the vinyl by tomorrow black Friday. Maybe Amazon will have it at a lower than the current price or possibly eBay.

Clanceman likes this.
  16. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

My replacement copy did NOT have a problem with the jacket glue. I’m listening to this album right now, and I’m very thankful for the new headphones I bought myself. :)

17. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

YES!

Hell, I already liked the cd. Totally disagree with the “its brickwalled”...or whatever. The cd sounds good.

But, I’m on side 2 of vinyl record #1 now.

Should have been in a mad rush to clean this Vinyl set.

Damn, it’s good.

“Must buy!”

My 2nd favorite live release by Maiden. Solid.

18. HankM

HankM Senior Member

I preordered mine from Amazon when it was announced and I paid $23.99, I see now that its $28.99. Most sites have it for around $35

19. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

The vinyl sounds fantastic. This might be one of my favorite Maiden live albums. Nicko’s drums are FIERCE.

20. Psychedelic Good Trip

21. Psychedelic Good Trip

22. Lands End Drums

Lands End Drums Forum Resident

The BOS tunes are much better, really flow well. Worth the purchase price alone. I found The Trooper to be pretty dreadful, Wasted Years as well but he rest is top notch. Shame they couldn't throw in Tears Of A Clown from the first leg of the tour, likely they'll never add it to the setlist again.

Roberto899 likes this.
  23. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

anyone knows of a cheap place to buy the record in Europe?

24. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Ordered. Damn wish I got in on the preorder price if $23.99. I only have around 25 Iron Maiden live vinyl so what's three more! Can't wait to hear it!

25. Psychedelic Good Trip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.