Is Audio Fidelity done with Quad reissues?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by TommyTunes, Jan 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member Thread Starter

They seem to have abandoned their Quad reissues, since their issues were the best of the Quad titles. Does anyone if there will be more?

Jarleboy likes this.
  2. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

I hope there will be more. They could still do Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water, Cat Stevens' Greatest Hits, Cat Stevens - Foreigner, Ted Nugent - Free For All, Edgar Winter Group - They Only Come Out At Night, John Denver - Poems, Prayers and Promises, just to name just a few...

3. Crawlin From The Wreckage

Crawlin From The Wreckage Custom Titled

4. chaz

chaz Senior Member

I find it interesting how Dutton Vocalion are continuing to put them out and at extremely reasonable prices compared to the other audiophile labels. It can't all be about licensing costs and royalties, unless there's some kind of advantage there for them being UK based.

5. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

Although unlikely, Steely Dan - Can't Buy A Thrill and Pretzel Logic could also be released.

Bill Mac and Further like this.
  6. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Me loves it when somebody comes along and shows just how many clothes the emperors are really wearing. :D

Maggie, AZRunner, chaz and 2 others like this.
  7. micksmuse

micksmuse Forum Resident

why go through the extra trouble of doing the quad or surround ones when you can charge the same for a straight stereo remaster? ugh

8. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

I’d love if they did the Black Sabbath Paranoid quad.

9. Blimpboy

Blimpboy Forum Resident

I am hoping that what Rhino did with the Doors singles release will start something of a trend among the labels releasing multi-channel mixes on their own to a wider market with cheaper prices. I would think there are more home stereo systems today than there were quad systems in the early 70's. There must be a profit margin for the majors in there somewhere.

10. AlecA

AlecA Forum Resident

Also Joni Mitchell's Hissing of Summer Lawns and Court and Spark!

Jarleboy, GLYNSTYLER, JDeanB and 3 others like this.
  11. AZRunner

AZRunner Forum Resident

Dutton Vocalion are starting to get some more “popular” titles. Their new multichannel titles this month are Lynn Anderson’s Greatest Hits and Art Garfunkel’s Breakaway and Angel Clare. I ordered the Anderson and Return to Forever’s Musicmagic. Take notice AF, I’m not interested in your stereo titles, especially when a quad mix is available.

Tingman likes this.
  12. oshfr

oshfr Forum Resident

I signed up for a membership when the quad/5.1 titles started and left when they stopped. Wish they would bring them back.

Jarleboy, AZRunner and Mainline461 like this.
  13. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Done with Quad reissues? I think we need to ask about reissues of any type. The only ones I have seen listed as upcoming are the Spirit and Quincy Jones. Are there others that have been confirmed on this or other sites?

Upcoming Releases | Audio Fidelity

Jarleboy and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  14. metalmunk84

metalmunk84 Forum Resident

According to Marshall Blonstein, AF will be remastering "Romantic Warrior" by Return To Forever and "Love Drive" by the Scorpions for SACD. He told me this in response to a couple emails I sent a few months ago. Unfortunately he didn't say when these would be released.

15. Icenine1

Icenine1 Forum Resident

Romantic Warrior...........I'm in. I wish they could get the prior three issues from RTF as well.

Say It Right likes this.
  16. George P

George P Notable Member

Thanks.

Any mention of future America releases?

17. Captain Rogers

Captain Rogers Forum Resident

There is a Quad DVD A bootleg, unsure if it's any good. There is the recent Paraniod box set that contains the quad mixed down to stereo.

I thought I read somewhere that some Paranoid delux editions had a DVD-A mislabled or something.

18. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member Thread Starter

There is a surround issue that was done in the UK, can’t remember if it’s SACD or DVD. I look at it when I have a chance.

19. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

The odd part is that there are a huge number of surround sound systems in homes today, but for whatever reason people aren't using them to listen to music. Maybe somebody should start a surround streaming service, with apps for Roku, AppleTV and Amazon's FireTV.

20. marcb

marcb Senior Member

IIRC Paranoid Deluxe had an Audio DVD (not DVD-A) with a lossy Dolby Digital version of the quad mix. It sounded like it came from a less than optimal source and was considerably less than demo quality unfortunately.

Captain Rogers likes this.
  21. Jaap74

Jaap74 Forum Resident

I would sign up to that in an instant !

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  22. Captain Rogers

Ah, Ok. Thanks for clrifying. This is the disc inluded in the vertigo sanctaury uk deluke editions correct?

23. Captain Rogers

Also, whats the difference between Audio DVD and DVD-A?
    Thanks in advance.

24. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

The three Aerosmith quad releases would be nice..

25. Captain Rogers

The vinyl? Those were never available in any other format?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.