Is it too late to get into vinyl now?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Martgrol, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

I tend to buy new vinyl releases based on the music and artist. A surprising number turn out to have BG or RKS in the dead wax (or another proper engineer). Some are so so but generally preferable to a brick walled CD. Some of the reissues including those anonymous remasters probably from hi -res can sound pretty good. If you don't have the often pricey first pressing to compare you likely will be pretty pleased with the sound and of course they won't be worn by a previous owner's stylus.

2. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

I still treasure my Records from back in the day, but I have them all backed up with CDs.
    I haven't bought new Vinyl since the 90s... Occasionally I buy used records...

3. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

Very good points. It's all relative. Ya' won't miss what you've never heard.
    If you are of the mind to collect top tier vintage vinyl...it's a bad time to start.
    But if you are attracted to new reissues, it's a wonderful time to get started. Titles are being released at a rate I have not seen in many years!

Man at C&A likes this.
  4. henry babenko

henry babenko Forum Resident

It really depends on the mastering too. I heard records that were not mastered good sound like **** on a very expensive system and vice versa. the mastering really does matter too..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.