Is Something Up With Glen Campbell's I'll Be Me?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JamieC, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member Thread Starter

I pre-ordered this from Amazon on July 1st, with a release date of Sept. 1st. It was selling for 17.99 up through August. Now it is unavailable except streaming through Prime. So is something wrong? Why pull it on release day? Even the picture of the cover is gone.

2. music4life

music4life Senior Member

3. JamieC

Weird. This is what I am getting:
    Currently unavailable.
    We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

There are two listings for the DVD, the one you linked to and the one that has me in limbo. Who the hell do I talk to at Amazon and HOW?

4. JamieC

5. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

6. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

I started watching this last night and had to turn it off-very depressing. I give the family credit for allowing this to be filmed. I guess the fact that my mother suffered from dementia made this really hit home.

7. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Same with mine. I saw him on his last tour but spent a fair bit of the show in tears.

8. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

A very moving film.

9. maxnix

maxnix Forum Resident

Incredibly sad and courageous film.
    He played a corporate gig I worked years ago, and not only was he great musically, he stayed and shook hands/posed for pictures with the attendees for HOURS, way longer than he was supposed to, until every last person had left the ballroom. No drama, no rider, no bull$%^#, a total pro and class act. The measure of how I've gauged everyone else I had to work with in that capacity. It's hard to see what's become of that man.

10. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I really need to see this film. I attended one of the kick off shows for Campbell's first round of farewell tours held at the Club Nokia in L.A. He largely held up very well, only getting hung up on off the cuff anecdotal stuff that he tended to repeat a fair bit, one about Minnie Pearl in particular. It was wonderful to see the support from his family on that stage as his kids comprised some if the backing band, and gave their own fine show as the opening act.

One can attend any concert and wonder if they'll ever have the opportunity to see that artist again, in this case the concertgoer a knew going in that this was it, and the mood in the hall was full of affection and appreciation for a great musician, so very glad I got to be there too.

11. Macman

Macman Senior Member

I haven't been able to watch the whole thing either. I have such high regard for the guy that it's just too difficult to watch.

12. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

Currently streaming on Netflix

13. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

After buying the DVD & watching it, I came away with a lot more appreciation & respect for Glen Campbell & his family. I understand that Glen Campbell was glad this film was made to his fans would have a better understanding about what he & his family go through. He wants us to watch it & gain a better understanding. I highly recommend this film as a purchase & I would also ask that you all buy the "I'll Be Me" soundtrack CD. It's great too!

14. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

Anyone know if/ when this will come out in R2 for uk?

Peace and love✌

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.