Is there a chance of reissuing The Police and Sting albums in vinyl?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Desert Explorer, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desert Explorer

Desert Explorer Music Enthusiast Thread Starter

I can only find some of them in LPs and the rest in CDs.

I tried to google it but nothing. Has anyone heard of anything?

2. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

There was a boxset consisting of Sting's studio-albums (only 8 titles from A&M) released last september:

On September 30, A&M / Interscope Records are proud to release The Studio Collection, a career-spanning vinyl LP box set featuring all of Sting’s seminal solo studio albums brought together for the first time.

The Studio Collection includes eight essential A&M Records albums across eleven LPs – The Dream Of The Blue Turtles (1985), ...Nothing Like The Sun
    (1987) (double LP), The Soul Cages (1991), Ten Summoner’s Tales (1993), Mercury Falling (1996), Brand New Day (1999) (double LP), Sacred Love (2003) (double LP) and The Last Ship (2013) – with both Brand New Day and Sacred Love available on vinyl for the first time ever.

Talked in this dedicated thread here on the forums:
    Sting: The Studio Collection – solo career-spanning vinyl box (09/30/2016) »

More info aswell here:
    Sting / The Studio Collection vinyl box »
    Sting: The Studio Collection – Solo Career-Spanning Vinyl Box Set To Be Released September 30... »

3. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

The sting albums all just released, Abbey Road half spend master for Ghost in the machine last year, Back to Black Outlandes d'amour still available?

4. Desert Explorer

Hmm, what about the rest? I'm talking about the rest of The Police and Sting studio albums. Are there plans for them too?

5. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

I'd be curious about this too. My US 80's pressings of Outlandos through Zenyatta sound kind of dead.

Desert Explorer likes this.
  6. Desert Explorer

My father got Outlandes d'amour when it got released back then. It sounds like cats fighting and this is how I heard it the first time and how I got to love this music.

7. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

The Back to Black Outlandos reissue sounds better to me than my 80's pressing

Desert Explorer likes this.
  8. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Go to amazon.com, not Google. Search for "Sting vinyl" and you'll see they're all in print. As for The Police, a couple are currently available.

9. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

My Canadian original vinyls all sound really terrific. Great A&M pressings all the way through to Synchronicity.

10. rjp

rjp Senior Member

for as many of these that sold, shouldn't there be a ton of used copies out there?

11. Desert Explorer

There is a reason that they don't sell it around here. In Amazon albums like Reggatta De Blanc are very expensive. I'm betting that is not a reissue.

12. Lamus

Lamus Forum Resident

The Police - Zenyatta Mondatta
    I've got this version of Zenyatta and it sounds good. I was going to recommend it to you but I see on Discogs that it has risen in price since I bought it 4 years ago.

13. Sixpence

Sixpence Zeppelin Fan

I have the Sting Box Set and The Police Ghost In The Machine (Abbey Road 1/2 speed remaster) along with the original Police records when they were originally released. My favorite by far is Ghost In The Machine (Abbey Road 1/2 Speed).

richbdd01 likes this.
  14. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Not sure how helpful this will be but I have this version and it slays the UK 1st pressing. Sounds like it was recorded yesterday!

The Police - Outlandos D'Amour

15. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

That’s interesting. I was debating on the half speed GITM. I have the original sterling cut and was wondering if it sounded better, is that the original copy you have?

16. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Not suprised. That’s a ‘320’ pressing and a lot of those sound fantastic! I think some were cut in Germany by William McKee..

17. Johan1880

Johan1880 Forum Resident

I recently bought it in mint condition and sounds very, very good. Much more natural than the SACD. According to Vivante it was cut from the original analog masters.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  18. dividebytube

dividebytube Forum Resident

I have all the Police albums on 70s/80s Japanese vinyl - nothing sounds tipped up in the higher frequency range like some Japanese pressings. I'm quite happy, preferring them over the standard US pressings I had before.

I do have a UK 45RPM 12" of Wrapped Around Your Finger, and the SQ is amazing. I would like to track down all the UK pressings but not a high priority (yet).

Also the half-speed Nautilus pressing of Ghost in the Machine is very good; quiet, detailed, but also dark - which is intended with the music, as far as I can tell. The recent Japanese pressing (2007 - UIJY-9028) of this? Sounds very digital/harsh.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    skisdlimit likes this.
  19. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

I believe Vivante was actually a short-lived British company. I don't know what a 320 pressing is but like the other member mentioned, I do remember reading it was cut direct from the master tapes.

One of the nicer sounding LPs I have. Really.

20. 131east23

131east23 Person of Interest

My original Ghost In The Machine sounds pretty awesome. How could it be better?

21. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

22. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

‘Ello ‘ello ‘ello, what’s going on here then? :cop:

dartira likes this.
  23. Spinmeout

Spinmeout Forum Resident

Originals shouldn't be too hard to find surely.
    I can think of 50 bands that need reissues before The Police.

24. dartira

dartira rise and shine like a far out superstar

Interesting, that Vivante pressing of Outlandos. Does it have the needledrop bit on Can’t Stand Losing You?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.