Is there a decent vinyl pressing of Welcome to my nightmare by Alice Cooper?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by brad m, Jun 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad m

brad m Member Thread Starter

I have the DVD Audio and the SHM cd ( Japan) of this album which sound great. I recently bought the Rhino 2018 purple disc vinyl and thought it sounded awful. I sent it back the following day. Apparently not remastered by anybody of note unfortunately.

I was looking at the "audiophile" 180 gram by Friday Music ( 2010) but could not find one good review about it. Apparently the same people were involved with the above Rhino release. I don't have a early US pressing which I think probably would be the best option to compare to.
    So any feedback appreciated.

2. REMASTERANTER

REMASTERANTER Ahhhhhh...

Bump for you and I'm interested in opinions on the org press Warner CD of this.

3. Stuevts

Stuevts Not drinking the kool-aid

Originals were done at The Mastering Lab (TML in the deadwax).
    Look for one of those.

jon9091 likes this.
  4. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

The Friday Music and Rhino releases are different mastering. Although the cutting engineer was the same. The Friday Music was remastered by Joe Reagoso probably to digital before being turned over to Ron McMaster. I would stay away from anything from Friday Music.

5. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Agreed. The original, good old analogue version sounds great.

Stuevts likes this.
  6. brad m

I only have one vinyl from Friday Music - it's Robin Trower Live which sounds good but is the most warped record I own. I'm surprised it plays. But I have not heard a bad copy of this album.

7. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

That’s weird, I asked about the recent reissue in another thread. I have an original pressing and was interested in whether the purple edition was remastered but if it’s Ron McMaster I’ll avoid.

8. dylankicks

dylankicks Forum Resident

Hard to find an original copy in great shape!

9. brad m

I'm thinking of forking out big bucks for a MFSL Welcome to my nightmare vinyl and be happy with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.