Is there a phone number for Importcds?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Jerryb, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member Thread Starter

I placed an order 2 weeks ago and got a shipping notice but USPS doesn't have the package yet. I emailed them 3x with no response.

2. 360-12

360-12 Forum Resident

Google can be your friend (or it may be wrong)! ***

Phones:
    Customer Service:
    • (949) 225-1170

https://www.importcds.com/

*** " no warranty, expressed or implied".

Jerryb likes this.
  3. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

ImportCDs ships via DHL, which is intended for international shipping. Using DHL for domestic shipping is a bit like walking around the entire world in order to get to the other side of the street. When going domestic, they just hand it off to USPS to deliver, but not after leaving it in a warehouse for 3-5 weeks/months/years. Their tracking may as well just have a picture of a monkey picking its nose, because I have never, ever seen it updated on any of the DHL orders I've been stuck with. Most of the big-box sellers in the US use DHL even for domestic shipping (ImportCDs, MovieMars, Marvelio) and I would advise against ordering from them if you want the package within your lifetime.

I ordered a CD once, I think it was from MovieMars; it took them four days to ship it - via DHL - where it sat in a warehouse for twelve days, and then DHL "damaged the shipping label" and mailed it back to the seller (I guess either they knew it was MovieMars or the return part of the shipping label didn't get damaged). I was refunded without being asked if I still wanted it, and they relisted the CD at $4 more than what I paid originally. I told them that DHL being DHL didn't sour me on the idea of owning the CD, but that I wouldn't buy from them again, and I haven't. Were it any other company, I'd assume they just realized they had the CD priced low (which, honestly, they didn't - I think they were charging $9 and the average price range was $8-11) and came up with this excuse to not lose the four bucks, but given DHL's track record, I believe it a hundred percent.

That's the only DHL order that didn't arrive; however, the "expected delivery day" range provided basically means DHL has that much time to hand it off to USPS. You will never, ever get a product within that window - or, at the very least, within the first two thirds of that window. Miracles happen every day, they say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.