Is there an SH Forums "Mission Statement"?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Khorn, Aug 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian Thread Starter

Forum "Mission Statement"

Has there ever been an official mission statement for this board? I know it was an offshoot of the DCC board but I was otherwise occupied at the time of the move to this one so I am unaware of any statements at the time by Steve or anyone else about the objectives.

It takes a lot of commitment in terms of time and effort to keep a board like this going. There is also a certain amount of funding necessary if only for the software and bandwidth. I know Steve wants feedback for his work but are there any other objectives?

I know that we all benefit from the interaction on this board and I am sure we appreciate the fact that discussion is not limited only to the immediate interests of our hosts. If we were made aware of any objective goals perhaps we might be able to assist attaining them.

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

There really isn't an official "statement". And, feedback of my work is really the LAST thing this board should be used for (although I love it when people give their thanks. Who wouldn't?)

We wanted a place where members could learn things about all types of recorded music, audio equipment and audio engineering in a (fairly) stress-free environment, with the freedom to ask questions and learn. We don't make you buy anything or look at annoying ads.

Forum creator Holy Zoo and the rest of us have accomplished our goals I think. I love the Forum and the people who share it with me!

Where else on the Internet can you learn about how records and discs are made, and how music that is important to you was recorded or mastered? Where else can we find out from the many Forum experts about variations in Beatles/Stones/Who recordings or other music we love? Where else on the Internet is everyone nice to each other?

So I enjoy coming here every day. I never fail to learn something. I hope you all feel the same. :)

3. RDK

RDK Active Member

Gosh, I'm shocked just about every day (often several times each day!) about just how much more you guys know about music, artists, and recordings than I do. I swear I learn something new every time I'm here.

Here's a "mission statement" for you: to keep me entertained and educated!

:)

Ray

4. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian Thread Starter

As important as the total context above is, the highlighted portion is the crux of the matter. All the rest would be rendered meaningless if no one wanted to visit here on a regular basis. I'm sure that many here are aware of the downright hostility that exists at other 'stops' of our net travels and to many coming here is like 'coming home' to an extended family who share a common interest. I have no doubt whatsoever of the continued success of this forum as long as the established criteria are maintained. While we may step out to those other places this is where we always come back to.

5. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Hell yes. I didn't think Audio was a contact sport until I tried several places on the net. Now, with the exception of Audio Asylum (which isn't bad, just kinda messy) this is the only place. It's no accident either. Some genuinely nice and helpful people have always been a strong force since this board was merely 3 meg at DCC Compact Classics.

6. Angel

Angel New Member

7. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Man, I love this place. :love: When I log on, I go into the relax mode. There is "no" other:laugh:

8. kipper15

kipper15 Forum Resident

:agree: :righton:

9. Togo

Togo Same as it ever was

Mission statement?

"A forum to discuss all things music and beyond with friendly like minded people and have some fun in the process!"

Sounds like a great place to be...and it is here right now. Sometimes life can be just great!

:wave:

10. Mart

Mart New Member

what a lovefest!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Friends,

I feel very lucky to have discovered this Forum. I have learned so much from the Steve and Forum members about recording, mastering, recording history and audio equipment that can truly say that gaining such valuable information is priceless! But, more importantly, I have made new friends and acquaintances in this ever increasing impersonal and isolated world that we reside in. As such, the quality of my life has been enhanced as a result.

Bob :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.