Is vinyl a PITA?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Schoolmaster Bones, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

They already did - it was called CD's. They just need to fix the mastering issues and, between that and high-res downloads, all would be well.

Digital-G likes this.
  2. Alan2

Alan2 Forum Resident

Yes, you'd think smaller quantities would mean better quality control, but it doesn't seem to work like that.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  3. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Yep, the clamp on my VPI is a good thing. It's really easy to use and only takes a couple of seconds to screw down. I don't always clean my vinyl but when I do, I use a one step process and a VPI RCM. I'm all about keeping things simple. Put the vinyl on the TT screw on clamp and cue tonearm.

Dennis0675 likes this.
  4. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

It can be.

5. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

My kid is cuter than your kid...have we succinctly summarized the gist of this topic....again???

6. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

The only thing I can see as a pain in vinyl playback is if you have one of those VPI outer rings. Dropping that on a record/deck would be a very expensive business. This is the point for me where vinyl playback becomes too fiddly. The real pain with vinyl these days is the high fault ratio I am getting and it is usually seriously audible surface blemishes rather than the oft complained about warping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.