"It Came from Outer Space" on 3-D Blu-ray!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bob Furmanek, Aug 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Pre-ordered!

2. Matt Richardson

Matt Richardson Forum Resident

Ditto. Tom Weaver is my favorite film commentator.

3. Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek Forum Resident Thread Starter

This was just posted on another site by someone who works in film restoration for a top film laboratory after seeing a test pressing of the 3-D Blu-ray:

I was lucky enough to have seen the screening copy of this and not only is the image amazing, the sound will blow you away... literally. I couldn't believe it could ever sound that good. The dynamic range and the stereo imaging in the soundtrack are incredible. I work with restorations everyday, Bob and Greg did an amazing job, you will not be disappointed. I'm going to order mine after I finish writing this! I hope the studios give you more of their titles to work on Bob. You and Greg put your heart and soul into them and it shows.

izgoblin likes this.
  4. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

Price continues to amaze - BUY IT!

5. Bob Furmanek

Here's a new article from Archive Technical Director Greg Kintz on the incredible stereophonic sound you'll be hearing for the first time in 63 years on our 3-D Blu-ray of IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE.

It's in the Mix - 3dfilmarchive »

[​IMG]

GuildX700 and longdist01 like this.
  6. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

Thanks, Bob. This release is becoming more and more exciting as we read more details. I'm sure it'll be a high point in a Fall already full of anticipated releases (John Carpenter's The Thing, Universal Frankenstein and Wolf Man sets, Marx Brothers).

Bob Furmanek likes this.
  7. Terrific script based on Ray Bradbury's work and a fav of mine. Jack Arnold does a great job of building suspense with this film. Thank you Bob (and Greg!) for doing the restoration on this classic film and for Universal to release it on Blu-ray!

Bob Furmanek likes this.
  8. Bob Furmanek

9. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

I'm DYING to get my copy in the mail!!!

10. Bob Furmanek

We've just previewed our 3-D restoration of IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE for our good friends at Classic Movies and More. Here's their reaction:

GuildX700 likes this.
  11. Bob Furmanek

Just one week to go for the October 4 release of IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE on 3-D Blu-ray!

Did you know that IT was the first science-fiction feature released for the home market by the legendary Castle Films in 1957? Learn about that expensive release (and much more) in our latest segment on Classic Movies and More:

[​IMG]

stereoptic, longdist01 and GuildX700 like this.
  12. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

I dying for mine to arrive!!!

13. Alan G.

Alan G. Forum Resident

My order has shipped!

Bob Furmanek and longdist01 like this.
  14. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

Ditto!

Bob Furmanek likes this.
  15. Bob Furmanek

Excellent, please share your thoughts on the picture and sound restoration!

16. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Bob will this be available in store or only on line?

17. Bob Furmanek

I'm not sure, JamieC.

18. Bob Furmanek

Get ready to see the film looking better in 3-D than it did in 1953. Also, be sure to alert your neighbors that you are listening to a VERY dynamic stereophonic track so they aren't startled by the explosions. If you haven't ordered your copy, here's the link: http://www.bestbuy.com/…/it-came-from-outer-spac…/5622264.p…

[​IMG]

19. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Currently 7.99 pre order on the best buy web site. sold.

20. Bob Furmanek

21. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

7.99 + tax and free shipping. Hope the boy digs it!

22. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Should get mine on Monday. Woot!

mark renard likes this.
  23. Bob Furmanek

People of all ages are enjoying our restoration of IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE. Here's a delightful review from Garry Don, an 8 year old fan of classic 3-D movies. He's even got the alien's eyeball!

JamieC likes this.
  24. Alan G.

Alan G. Forum Resident

I just received my copy and previewed it. BIG caveat: I don't have a 3-D capable TV, so it's 2-D for me.

First impression: the stereo is fantastic! It has a "spread"; soundstage seems beyond speakers. Very directional, as well as dynamic.

The 3-D effects must be wonderful. They made good use of things coming at you. STILL well worth the purchase, even flat.

Bob Furmanek likes this.
  25. Bob Furmanek

Thanks, Alan.

Considering the poor survival rate of three-channel full-coat magnetic 35mm from that first year of stereo in theatres, we're VERY fortunate that this track survives. The clarity and dynamic range has surprised a lot of people!

In case you haven't seen it: First Year of Stereophonic Motion Pictures - 3dfilmarchive »

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.