It's About Time -The Complete Series' Starring Imogene Coca 4-DVD!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

Finally!!!

It's About Time DVD news: Announcement for The Complete Series | TVShowsOnDVD.com

It's About Time - Date, Details, Extras for 'The Complete Series' Starring Imogene Coca

4-DVD set is coming from ClassicFlix in just over a month!

It's about time. It's about space. About two men in the strangest place." Those catchy opening lines to the iconic theme song for It's About Time primed Baby Boomers every Sunday night during the 1966 television season for a series unlike any other.

Created and produced by Sherwood Schwartz (Gilligan's Island, The Brady Bunch), the time travel comedy stars Frank Aletter as Mac and Jack Mullaney as Hec, two astronauts who find themselves in prehistoric times after breaking the time barrier. Soon after landing, they meet Gronk (Joe E. Ross, Car 54 - Where are you?) and Shad (Imogene Coca, Your Show of Shows), two friendly cave people who find the ways of those from "the other side of the hill" strange but interesting.

A fish-out-of-water series in the vein of The Beverly Hillbillies and The Munsters, fans the world over will have the same reaction to this complete series collection of this rarely-seen show -- IT'S ABOUT TIME!
    ClassicFlix has announced on their Facebook page that It's About Time - The Complete Series will be released on DVD this coming June 27th. All 26 episodes will be on this 4-disc set, and it would also include an exclusive bonus feature: Pat Cardi, who played "Breer," is interviewed for this DVD release! Cost will be $24.99 SRP, and it will be up for pre-order at Amazon very soon. Our thanks to our reader, "Chuck," for the heads-up (even if he forgot to include a URL link to the source of his info...but we found it, LOL!). Here once more is the cover art:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]1

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

SandAndGlass, Culpa and alexpop like this.
  2. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

Okay, I'm excited!

I watched every episode in 1966, let's see if it holds up!

Michael likes this.
  3. Michael

Me too...faithfully each week! I don't care if it doesn't I just want to see it again...LOL!

alexpop and davenav like this.
  4. John54

John54 Senior Member

I used to watch it too. I remember the capricious Boss always changing his mind, and in the last episode the two astronauts and the one family all managed to escape and to make it back to the present! Where of course they were completely nonplussed by everything, including the image of a train on the television ...

Michael likes this.
  5. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Ooh, ooh, I remember this series!

Michael likes this.
  6. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

I honestly didn't remember it making to 26 episodes. Imogene Coca was a scream.

Michael likes this.
  7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I watched some of the episodes when they aired, but honestly the only thing I remember clearly is the theme song!

fr in sc and Michael like this.
  8. Michael

never thought we'd see this on Home Video!

9. Michael

yea! she was fabulous...

Jamey K likes this.
  10. Michael

loved him in car 54 as well!

11. Michael

I barely remember any episodes but, I can still visualize them in their skins!

12. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

I remember watching it but besides the first episode where one astronaut explains time travel (some tv reviewer said his understanding of Einstein was wrong. Picky, picky, picky), the only episode I remember was back in 1967 where Joe E Ross learns to write his name and enlists in the army. Hopefully I can avoid the temptation to buy this.

13. biggerdog

biggerdog Senior Member

This show makes Gilligan's Island look like Shakespeare!

14. empire145

empire145 Forum Resident

I had never heard of this show until I caught it one Saturday morning on Antenna TV.

Not great television by any stretch but it's kinda charming and I now have to watch it every Saturday morning, cup of coffee in hand. Might have to get the DVDs.

15. I was 3 1/2 when this show first aired and one of my oldest memories is the theme song. My older brothers watched the show and would sing the song around the house. I'm guessing that was '66 unless the show was rerun in '67.

Hot Ptah and Michael like this.
  16. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

I loved this show- I'm in.

Michael likes this.
  17. Culpa

Culpa Forum Resident

Same "lagoon", wasn't it?

18. Corloff

Corloff Forum Resident

I really only recall the theme song's playground revision: "It's about time! It's about space! It's about time I slapped your face!"

Gumboo likes this.
  19. Michael

I figured such...

20. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I somehow doubt this has aged well.

21. Jay_Z

Jay_Z Forum Resident

I watched recently on Antenna TV as well.

The show did not work. It's funny that The Flintstones, a cartoon, became such a long running show in the caveman setting. Of course, that was a self contained universe, modern acting people in caveman garb mostly.

Here, with the astronauts, the cavepeople had to play it straight mostly. It just comes across as a drab, dull setting. The Boss character was just irritating; no surprise he can't be reasoned with, but it's just not interesting to have him around for show after show. Can't really use guest stars or dream sequences the way Sherwood Schwartz did on Gilligan either. Just more of the same.

Taking the cavepeople to modern times did make for a better show. Fish out of water stuff. There's a lot more ways to go with that setting.

The first episode back in modern times is interesting. Schwartz really pulled out the stops, a lot of location shooting. Interesting to see, as cheap and tacky as Gilligan or The Brady Bunch could get at times.

Vidiot likes this.
  22. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

Vidiot likes this.
  23. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Once you get the theme song stuck in your head, you can't unhear it.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  24. Hot Ptah

Hot Ptah Forum Resident In Memoriam

That song was everywhere in 1966. You could not get it out of your head. People were bursting out with it in public all the time. Kids sang it at school a lot.

25. Linger63

Linger63 Forum Resident

It's about time!!!!!..............:hide:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.